The pictures in the thread are awesome!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Re: 1966 Buick Funny Car Returns Home

That car is just so awesome.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Cool Car! It's a 67. Nailheads were the powerplant in 1966.

Comment

Hey guys,appreciate the interest in this rare piece of Buick history.
          Sorry I didn't specify the year in that pro-touring.com thread,the car is indeed a 1967 and was powered by a blown 430 Wildcat engine my dad built backed by a TH-400 prepped by Vitar.I had mentioned 1966 because that's when the car was constructed,late '66.

My name is John and I am the new proud owner of Ingenue,my dad's first and only Funny Car he ever built and the last race car he ever constructed after a string of successful AA/GD dragsters.

The car is amazingly intact after almost 43 years,the chassis,body,rear end,interior,wheels,and many bits and pieces remain on the car as original equipment including the original 8:71 chromed blower & custom intake the current owner obtained.

I have not received the car yet but both my dad (who is 78) and I are anxious to finally be reunited with it again.

Buick guys have come out of the woodwork to contact me and share their stories about the car.
          If anyone has any photos or knows any further history on the car,I'd sure love to hear it.

John

Comment

John, thanks for joining up.

First off, congrats on being able to reunite your family with the car. It is an AMAZING story and it is an AMAZING car!

To find it intact is (in automotive terms) a freakin' miracle!

Obviously there's a road ahead, but do you have any plans for the car? It would be beyond hella cool to hear it cackle again. I consider myself a pretty decent "student of the game" and this may be the coolest funny car of all time. It is sublime that it did not meet the fate that 99% of other old funnies met.

Congrats to you, and especially to your dad. He must be beyond words!

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I post over at nastyz28.com under the same name. Hey John, going to put new wheels on it? (inside joke)
              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
                I post over at nastyz28.com under the same name. Hey John, going to put new wheels on it? (inside joke)
                LOL,no...but I will polish those suckers up like when they were new. ;D

The plan is to get it to run and cackelfest it at the CA Reunion,would love to see it go downtrack again...that's the plan for now.
                Dad doesn't express a whole lot of emotion but I know deep down he's very excited to see the car again.

Thanks guys for all the kind comments and stay tuned for more on this car when I finally receive it next month.

Comment

I'm a hard core Buick guy and I regret that I had no knowledge of this car. It's a WONDERFUL car and the story is probably even better. I'm SO glad that it survives and seems to be pretty much all there. Please keep us informed and post LOTS of pics as you progress.

I don't know where you're located but if you're anywhere near SE NC I'd be happy to pitch in any way possible.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    I'm a hard core Buick guy and I regret that I had no knowledge of this car. It's a WONDERFUL car and the story is probably even better. I'm SO glad that it survives and seems to be pretty much all there. Please keep us informed and post LOTS of pics as you progress.

I don't know where you're located but if you're anywhere near SE NC I'd be happy to pitch in any way possible.

Dan
                    Hey Dan,

Thanks for the generous offer,I am located in northern Calif so yeah...a bit away from you,lol.
                    I will certainly post up as many pictures as possible as soon as I receive it. ;D

John

Comment

Love the car.
                      I also saw the BSM on the side and thought "Bang Shift Machine?" Just a thought ;D
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wow!!... Love that car! The stance and the wheels on it are PERFECT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                          Love the car.
                          I also saw the BSM on the side and thought "Bang Shift Machine?" Just a thought ;D
                          LOL...I plan on having some Brooklyn Speed & Machine shirts made up with Ingenue on the back. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience
                            Wow!!... Love that car! The stance and the wheels on it are PERFECT!!
                            Here's the Ron Pellegrini-owned hemi-powered Super Bird,the only other '67 Skylark his Fiberglass Limited company built:

Ron also ran this 1968 Skylark GS400 body with a Romeo Palamides chassis but was very ill-handling and was wrecked:

Comment

Getting closer to bringing her home guys,just completed my shipping request...$1598 to get here to Nor Cal...among the cheapest I could find.I'm just hoping she arrives before I leave for vacation on 11/23...wish me luck!

Will post more info as soon as I know more... ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X