1966 Buick Funny Car Returns Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1966 Buick Funny Car Returns Home

Hey guys,lifted the body last wknd and started cleaning up the chassis & headers in preperation for Wes Allison's arrival this Saturday to photograph Ingenue for the pages of Hot Rod magazine...the grand daddy of all automotive magazines!

A big shoutout to editor Dave Frieburger for making this dream a reality... ;)

Here's a few pics I shot...date code on front wheels are 3/22/67:

Original AR wheel weights:

Underbody detail:

Chassis detail:

Comment

Who woulda thunk directional tires...in 1967?

Headers off the car:

Sanded:

Flat White... ;)

Reinstalled:

Mocked up the magneto in the dist hole for the pictures,lol:

Comment

Few more...

I'll update this thread with the photoshoot pictures,stay tuned guys...I'm living the dream over here! ;D

Comment

I really want to hate you for having that car, but the more I see of it the happier I am you have it.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well...tomorrow's the big day!

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            I really want to hate you for having that car, but the more I see of it the happier I am you have it.
            Thank you Brian,I truly do appreciate it. ;D

Tomorrow's the day,I've done all I can I do believe,we'll load up the trailer @4pm to catch that great sunset photo-op.
            Wish us luck,updates to follow... ;)

Comment

John, Wes will do you right. He's the man!

Comment

John, Wes will do you right. He's the man!
                Thanks Brian,from what I hear about Wes,he's very matter-of-fact.Hopefully,I'll have the exact location picked that he has in mind.
                Just heard from Henry De Los Santos from Chevy High Performance yesterday and he wants me to polish up the Chevelle for a photo shoot so I am completely shocked by that.Henry is another man of his word... ;)

Comment

Hey guys,

Checking in to update everyone on what's going on with Ingenue... ;)

The Hot Rod photo shoot went great,Wes took some tremendous images,I was shocked when I looked in his viewfinder!
                  Here's a couple I shot,car really popped in the sun:

Here's my dad showing about as much emotion as I've seen,this should make HRM:

Here's a couple of images of some shirts I'm making up,I will try to have some additional ones if anyone would like one:

Bill McGuire wrote the story and I know as excited as he was about the car,I just know he'll do a tremendous job writing it.
                  Look for Ingenue in the August issue of Hot Rod Magazine on newsstands mid-June..!

Comment

Count me in for a shirt!

Man, everything about that car is perfect, from the rake, to the wheels, just all of it!

Comment

Count me in for a shirt!

Comment

Count me in for a shirt!

Man, everything about that car is perfect, from the rake, to the wheels, just all of it!
                        You are so right about the rake Brian,if you compare it to Ron Pellegrini's car (the sister car...and only other body ever constructed),his sits almost level and just doesn't have that "look" ;)

Anyone who wants one just PM me,they are $25/shipped,lower 48 and at that price I hope to break even,lol...but we will re-order if we miss anyone (large's going fast!) and I mighteven change up colors if anyone has good suggestions,I'm all ears.

Here is the original shirt,circa 1968,that's our driver Steve Malise sitting on the tire of Billy Lynch's AA/GD,Billy is just staring off into space as usual,lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X