Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedzzter Says: Carnage or Classic, Does Hollywood Mistreat Muscle Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speedzzter Says: Carnage or Classic, Does Hollywood Mistreat Muscle Cars?

:-\ :-\.

They made 9 Gran torinos for F and F.One madi through the movie.Look at that destroyed ones in this clip...
    MORE FAST & FURIOUS @ INSIDELINE.COM:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=144127What Clint Eastwood did for the 1972 Gran Torino in Gran T...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
      And we shouldn't call them out on it?

I see every other special interest group DEMANDING Hollywood deal respectfully with an arms-length list of topics. Why not us?

Obviously, if film producers operating in the free market want to make insulting and silly "car movies," then that's their choice. But they ought to be roundly criticized for it. And they should be penalized for it at the box office through lower ticket sales.

And gearheads need to let them know that IF Hollywood were to produce GOOD movies featuring CARS and realistic CAR PEOPLE, we'll respond favorably at the box office.

But as long as we keep quietly settling for "car-sploitation" clunkers that insult our intelligence, that's what lazy and arrogant Hollywood will keep serving up.
      IF THIS IS THE STUFF YOU WORRY ABOUT,
      no wonder the country is in the mess it's in..
      people, are concerned will petty issues.. they bought it... it's theirs..
      if the cut up a 100 point resto. to make a hot rod ,IT"S THEIRS to do so..
      When did we have a say on other peoples stuff..
      no wonder there are HOA' that limit your every move on the land you are paying for..
      silly me, people are all to for, have'n others tell us, what we can or can't do, to our own items..
      if hollywood was trashing cars they borrowed from car owners, than .yup, b!t@h all you want, be right behind you..
      but on, try'n to control what they can or can't do with there own cars.. that they have title in hand..
      sorry,not gonna go there..
      they are free to do as they please with anything.they bought and payed for..
      maybe you can join up with tree huggers and fight for all the trees that are wasted .for all the sets/houses blown up/etc.. :

Comment

HYPOTHETICAL:

A Hollywood environmental activist and a billionaire hedge fund manager surreptitiously buy up every known Plymouth Superbird, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, Boss 429 Mustang, COPO 427 Camaro, 455 Hurst Oldsmobile, 1948 Tucker, as well as the entire collection of the National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV (a/k/a the Harrah Collection).

Then they announce to the world on international television that they are going to rent Yankee Stadium, transport all of the cars there, and film the running of each car through car crushers and then metal shredders. They say their film is an artistic protest against "global warming" and "imperialistic wars for oil."

None of the sellers were told of this plan during the sales transactions. The buyers often misrepresented themselves as "collectors" to sellers. The buyers assured the board of the National Automobile Museum in writing that "the collection will be kept intact" and on display to the public.

Should all auto enthusiasts merely sit back and say to themselves "IT"S THEIRS to do so...they are free to do as they please with anything.they bought and payed for.."?

Or should auto enthusiasts raise their voices in objection to the unjustified and senseless loss of irreplaceable automobiles and automotive history?

Comment

HYPOTHETICAL:

A Hollywood environmental activist and a billionaire hedge fund manager surreptitiously buy up every known Plymouth Superbird, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, Boss 429 Mustang, COPO 427 Camaro, 455 Hurst Oldsmobile, 1948 Tucker, as well as the entire collection of the National Automobile Museum in Reno, NV (a/k/a the Harrah Collection).

Then they announce to the world on international television that they are going to rent Yankee Stadium, transport all of the cars there, and film the running of each car through car crushers and then metal shredders. They say their film is an artistic protest against "global warming" and "imperialistic wars for oil."

None of the sellers were told of this plan during the sales transactions. The buyers often misrepresented themselves as "collectors" to sellers. The buyers assured the board of the National Automobile Museum in writing that "the collection will be kept intact" and on display to the public.

Should all auto enthusiasts merely sit back and say to themselves "IT"S THEIRS to do so...they are free to do as they please with anything.they bought and payed for.."?

Or should auto enthusiasts raise their voices in objection to the unjustified and senseless loss of irreplaceable automobiles and automotive history?

they own them, so they can do as they wish..
          you,me,no body.
          has a right to tell them they can't..
          would, most people like hearing that "dreaming " idea..
          no!!!!!!
          but, it's not yours,mine. to tell them NO.

Comment

At least you're consistent.

I was unaware that the FIRST AMENDMENT had a "I-own-it-so-don't-dare-criticize-me-for-acting-selfish-and-stupid-with-it" exception.

Comment

I was unaware that the FIRST AMENDMENT had a "I-own-it-so-don't-dare-criticize-me-for-acting-selfish-and-stupid-with-it" exception.

IT DOESN'T..
              but , maybe if people worried more about themselves, instead of everybody else, we'd live in a much better place..

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre

IT DOESN'T..
                but , maybe if people worried more about themselves, instead of everybody else, we'd live in a much better place..
                Then I guess you never comment on the style of anything or provide anyone with "constructive criticism" or say anything about obvious injustice or give anyone the benefit of your experiences and thoughts?

"Sure, Dude, cover your car with tacky stickers and "accessories" from Pep Boys, buy the one-psi electric supercharger on eBay, and wear that "Members Only" jacket . . . Live and let live is my creedo . . . ."

I guess I've got more concern for others and advocating what's right than to sit back and stay silent.

Comment

Working...
                X