X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Hero to Receive Dream Car Due to Local Help

Re: American Hero to Receive Dream Car Due to Local Help

Always great to hear stories like that
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Folks, I can assure you that you really don't get the magnitude of this gift. These are mostly MICHIGAN business that are stepping up for this soldier. The economy in Michigan is beyond "recession" - arguably the worst in the nation. I've been there recently and it's GRIM. Don't assume it was easy for these folks to make this donation - I can assure you that it was not, although individual situations vary. This is generosity beyond generosity - and damn cool.

Dan

Comment

As a lifelong Michigan resident, and ex-Military,
        we take it sereously here.

Comment

May God Bless all the people and businesses that are doing this for this brave young man, and may God take care of him too.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
            Folks, I can assure you that you really don't get the magnitude of this gift. These are mostly MICHIGAN business that are stepping up for this soldier. The economy in Michigan is beyond "recession" - arguably the worst in the nation. I've been there recently and it's GRIM. Don't assume it was easy for these folks to make this donation - I can assure you that it was not, although individual situations vary. This is generosity beyond generosity - and damn cool.

Dan
            that is quite generous. Lucky michigan is not the worst recession, maine is. This would not have happened here. I like reading these stories. I was a homeless vet, gimped for life.
            I pretended I liked america..stories like this tell me it is not all of america to live in maine.

There must be special equipment adding to the cost. Way to go michigan, that kid gets to be one with a dream come true. Everything helps.

and if one does get a bad time as a veteran shoot for all federal help available, skip right over local..and if you can't guide yourself, it is the darker side of truth. Some never get out of it.

God bless that locale.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That just made my morning.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
              X