Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Freakin' Video: 1976 Chrysler Cordoba Open Road Race Car

Re: Random Freakin' Video: 1976 Chrysler Cordoba Open Road Race Car

Love the effort . . . but the car's not so svelte . . . hate the graphics . . . .

But then I always liked Petty's Magnum, so I've got a soft spot for these cars, I guess.

Comment

I can't think of anything positive to say about the car except perhaps that the motor looks neat.
      Kind of like a "I-pad-myself-on-the-shoulder" kinda clip there.

I still think my '78 Dodge Charger had way more "character"... :D :D

;D ;D ;D
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

that Cordoba is proof that with enough money time and effort, anything can be made into a 'race car.'

Comment

Applause for the effort, and the engine makes WAY more beans than my "Mighty Mouse", but I laughed like a loon the whole way through that video clip.

Yellow, checked-flag graphics, and whatever the hell that is in place of the front bumper just doesn't flow with the rest of the non-existant aerodynamic package...and what of the "RIIIIIIIIIIICH CORRRRIIIIIIIINTHEEEEAN LEEEEEAAAATHERRRRRRRRRRR" interior, man?

Like Miracle Whip, a Cordoba just ain't a Cordoba without the rich Corinthian leatherrrrrrrrrrr....LMAO

Comment

I like different cars, but when someone says build an air dam; one should not bolt the Hoover Dam to the front of a car.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Okay, as a long-time lurker and first-time poster, this is the one that has finally inspired me to get around to clicking the "register" button. It looks to me like everyone here is just going to trash on this guy, so chalk me up for a vote in favor of this big yellow bomb. Most guys fall all over the girly little kids' cars that get saved and built to impress their neighbors. This, on the other hand, is a serious effort made to make a man-sized car move with authority. And I do mean effort. This fellow has more time in this thing then most beer-hoisting bench-racers will ever put into their languishing project cars. He likes his car, probably doesn't care if you like it, and therefore, I like it. Two thumbs up!

Comment

brownbuick....WELCOME! Glad ya got off your duff and decided to join in on the fun with the rest of us!

As far as trashing on the Big Yellow 'Doba, re-read the first line of my post....It'll definitely outrun my junk, and for that matter, I've goofed on my own pile more times that one. Still the paintjob doesn't do the car justice....

I'd like to see some shots/video of this thing in action...I'll bet it hauls the mail, but with the frontal mass that thing has, 170 might be a bit optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                  brownbuick....WELCOME! Glad ya got off your duff and decided to join in on the fun with the rest of us!

As far as trashing on the Big Yellow 'Doba, re-read the first line of my post....It'll definitely outrun my junk, and for that matter, I've goofed on my own pile more times that one. Still the paintjob doesn't do the car justice....

I'd like to see some shots/video of this thing in action...I'll bet it hauls the mail, but with the frontal mass that thing has, 170 might be a bit optimistic.
                  Yeah..vid would have rocked ;).With action..

That front spoilder looks just like Rebel mentioned.But if it works,then we all need bricks for race cars.

Brownbuick.Glad you joined ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                    I can't find it, but pictures of that car has been on here or CJTV before - I think they were a registered user. I'll keep looking. I kinda like the Cordoba. It reminds me of a Monte Carlo with a better interior.

And brownbuick - I prefer to bereferred to as "Beer-swilling Keyboard racer" if it's all the same..:P Thanks for signing up!
                    Good call Beagle. I remembered this car being posted on here before. I guess DrivingMissDD hasn't been back in a while.

Member ID: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...profile;u=3044

Original Thread:

It looks like he and his buddies are into some serious road racing. I for one, love the Cordoba! ;D

Comment

It does look like a well built race car. I like the old school cup car gray paint throw out. Decals and yellow on the outside, not so much.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

DAMN ! Team 61's the "Animal" looks like a big box of FUN.
                        when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

I dig it...looks well built..there needs to be a video...I want a video of this thing bad
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

The underhood treatment is flawless, same for interior.
                            The evident effort to make this thing move

Dislikes: Screamin' Yellow Zonkers paint
                            Checker Taxi graphics
                            The airdam stolen off of a Porsche 917 and modded to fit.

Would love to put the factory front bumper with an AAR 'Cuda-style dam up front, paint it Sable Brown and have some fun.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                            X