Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift.com's Five Favorite Street Rods from SEMA 2009

Re: BangShift.com's Five Favorite Street Rods from SEMA 2009

The orange Painless Pick-up is my pick for top Rod. Truely a work of art.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Hate to say it because I love V8s, but the best and most important rod at the 2009 SEMA Show was the Detroit Street Rods '34 with the EcoBoost V6 (http://speedzzter.blogspot.com/2009/...uture-get.html).

I'd give an honorable mention to the spotless DOHC Modular-powered '34 roadster that was parked near the EcoBoost '34 in the Ford display.

I did like the Painless car (which is based not on a vintage tin, but a late-model truck cab) and the guy from Painless spent a lot of time talking with me about its construction.

Comment

Thank God for the all black 32' Roadster.....The rest of those are FUGLY....

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

amazing what you can do with a cab from a 69 ford truck and a model a bed
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I thought the orage truck thing looked like ass...I hated it all except the wheels and engine...

These were my favorites

this may not be everyones cup of tea but man I loved this car, the color, the engine, the stance...everything...

I wish the ass hat did not walk in front of my picture on this one...I liked it alot.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

But the thing about the Painless truck is that it can be built for much less than a traditional street rod.

Street rodding is too expensive for many younger builders. The average age of street rodding participants is rising.

It's good that some folks are trying to develop ways to cut the costs and make street rodding not so dependent upon vanishing supplies of vintage tin.

Comment

The Painless FI on the flathead was pretty sweet too!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                X