Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vindication! Porsche Built Tractors

Re: Vindication! Porsche Built Tractors

Yeah, I was talking about these maybe a month ago, and since so many people on here seem to like vintage tractors, I was surprised not as many people had talked about them
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I like the styling better than the styling of their cars (NOT a fan). Anyone have a pic of the Lambo tractors? I'm thinking a V12 tractor with swing-up doors would be pretty cool.

Dan

Comment

Lamborghini built them also.

"Lamborghini. After World War II, a mechanic in the Italian Army named Ferruccio Lamborghini started buying up surplus military vehicles and converting them into agricultural machines. He sold enough to build his own tractor factory in 1949, but even then, he and a handful of employees were building a single tractor a day. By 1958, the tractor company was building 1,500 per year and had the first fully diesel four-wheel drive and a crawler tractor in its lineup. Legend has it that Ferruccio was talking with his neighbor Enzo Ferrari and complained about the noisy gearbox in his Ferrari car. As the story goes, Ferrari told Lamborghini to stick to building tractors and leave the sports cars to Ferrari. Lamborghini didn't like that idea and designed his own sports car. The legendary sports cars debuted 1963 and continue to be some of the most expensive and sought after models on the road. In 1973, Lamborghini sold his tractor business to a company known as the Same Company, they continued to build tractors while Ferruccio retired to make wine in Umbria. He died in 1993 at the age of 77."

Comment

I Googled for "old Lamborghini tractors" without much luck. I was hoping for a pic. If someone has better skills than I do (that won't be difficult) I'd love to see what you can pull up.

Dan

Comment

Vindication?
            I knew Porsche made tractors before I went on the net 10 years ago.
            Old news, people.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Dude, get your head out of the C-50, I posted these pictures on here over a month ago.
              The Fiat is the only one in the world, Porsh is one of a few, and the A-C, well who cares LOL.
              These are from The Tired Iron Tractor Museum in Genaseo NY , 1990. Stop there after seeing a spot on the old Diamond P show Truckin' USA. Not sure if its still there but, Bruab, you would love the place.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

At first I Brian was talking about the new Canamerica or what ever the hell that tank is called.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I don't know about being vindicated....it's still a tractor
                  Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Here's an older Lambo tractor

And an ad that I always thought was funny playing on the whole "Lamborghini's will get you laid" theme.

www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

Thanks, Nitmare! That's a fine lookin' Lambo. I say "good" for the farmer.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X