Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Pick of the Week: Super Cool Barn Find Chevelle

Re: Craigslist Pick of the Week: Super Cool Barn Find Chevelle

Modern rubber and upgrade the brakes and suspension and I'll run the wheels off it as is.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

everytime I see the words "bid with confidence" in a Craigslist ad, I think "scam".
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
        Modern rubber and upgrade the brakes and suspension and I'll run the wheels off it as is.
        I second that!

I'm in the market for a reliable daily driver. If I found a deal like this near me, I'd be all over it. I'd drive it everywhere, 3-on-the-tree and all! Maybe later on, try and EFI the I6.

To my surprise, there still a few folks in my town still driving their original purchase for 30+ years. On daily basis I come across the likes of a '73 Dart, '65 Chevelle crewcab, '71 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle crewcab, a'68 Cutlass crewcab, a mid 60's Bug and several others. I'm up in Montreal, and these folks are driving their cars into the winter (sometimes through it!). Now that's getting your money's worth ;D.

Comment

It's even a sedan! I'm completely and utterly in love.

I would leave it as is and just cruise it everywhere.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Replace the wheel cylinders, check the brake lines & hoses, new tires and drive it like I stole it after cleaning out the gas tank just for peace of mind.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I like it as is, but I'd probably throw on some nice rims and tires. Dog dish caps are cool, though....

Comment

Fresh rubber, fuel lines, oil and all filters, check the brakes....other than a thorough cleanup, I'd drive the snot outta it.

Of course, the inliner would only go for so long, and I DO have a new short-block build beginning....LMAO

Comment

I keep hearing that these are rare but I find them everywhere LOL!
                  The one on the left has a 540 with an F2 procharger and the one on the right has a 350 with a B&M mega Blower.

Comment

Fuggin' hell!

Action photos man, action!

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

a 6 cylinder that need brakes bled. hilarious. I bet it needs nothing.
                      ...but a v8. mellow. lube up the 3 on the tree.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A low miles, inline 6, three on the tree, original owner 2 door post Chevelle on craigslist....a very familiar story for me!

I paid alot more than that though...
                        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

looks like a wealthy good time

Comment

Working...
                          X