Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: The Old CarJunkieTV Blown Big-Block Chevy

Re: Video: The Old CarJunkieTV Blown Big-Block Chevy

Dumb guy question, You said it was a Hydraulic Roller Cam, were you running flat tappets on it? (or is that even possible??) or did it also have roller lifters?
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Listen at 1:10......David says they're using 1.7 Comp Cam roller rockers.

I miss the cool CJTV videos, but I agree with Chad......BS is definetly bigger! Good job guys!

Comment

I miss those videos. I miss the Biscayne. At least DF assures me it went to a good home. Not that good, it wasn't my home.

DF also told me the cam in the 67 Impala's 383 was smaller than he originally thought. Hmmm.... Memory full.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          Dumb guy question, You said it was a Hydraulic Roller Cam, were you running flat tappets on it? (or is that even possible??) or did it also have roller lifters?
          Oops....I just re-read what you wrote and realized you asked about lifters, not rockers. My bad.

Comment

Guys I enjoy BS but CJTV was a cut above BS . How can you not agree . I spent many hours laughing at David & Chad . Mini Moto , the long hours on Crusher & the Muscle truck . Chad spuing oil all over Crusher at 3 am , that was priceless and we've all done it to boot . Sorry guys but I really miss CJTV .

Comment

Can't argue with the video stuff brother! We're working our way back there....slowly.

The hare ran outta gas (CJTV) and the Tortise (that'd be us) keeps on chuggin' along.

Thanks for hanging with us!

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Neat to see the video and I also miss the 'weekly' shows you guys did. More importantly it's great that you guys are still chugging along.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  The hare ran outta gas (CJTV) and the Tortise (that'd be us) keeps on chuggin' along.
                  Yep, I heard the amount of moola spent on video taping, editing and production was huge !!
                  Would be great if we could get back to video, even if it is just home movie style.
                  ;)

Comment

Just got my latest issue of Hot Rod . . . Don't miss Freiburger's entertaining piece on how pulling a a couple of boulevard smokies with that wild mill in the Crusher Camaro got him a stern lecture from "the Man" . . . and narrow miss with forfeiting that miscreant machine to the City of Angels . . . .

(Too bad we don't have some "Cops"-style video of that infraction and traffic stop!)

Comment

I have never liked Comp hydraulic roller lifters! Killed them left and right either setup by me or by the engine builder. Comp said it was a deffective valve in the lifters but after a few sets I went all solid Crane oiler lifters on the Comp hyd roller cam and never have had an issue. Also the push rods that come with the kits the geometry is way off. Always check that!

Comment

I'm running a Comp hydraulic roller in the blown 454 in my 55. The magic software says I'm making upwards of 750 hp at the flywheel based on weight/mph at the strip.

It's a neat video, thanks for digging it up Chad
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Yeah.Damn what a cool time.Couldnt wait each day to get the latest vid from CJ ;D.A year passed....it feels longer.

Comment

Enjoyed that l'il bit of eye candy...........I will always consider myself a carjunkie, bangshift is where I park 8)
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I concur, Tom.

That was one hell of a site(signed up as soon as the boards came online)....but really, even though some things have changed(the name, no vids), more of it has remained the SAME......the forums are STILL HERE ;D.....and to some extent, has gotten even better(the LIVE webcasts of the CHRR, the events at N.E.D., and the upcoming webcast of the March Meet).

CJTV was insane fun.....Freiburger's Junkyard kept us CarJunkies together..........BangShift WILL succeed where CJTV failed.

Thanks for the clip, Chad.

Comment

Working...
                              X