Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlits Documentary Currently In Production

Re: Garlits Documentary Currently In Production

It's about time, it seems like i've been waiting for years now.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I hope it's worthy of the Garlits legacy, because one morning we'll wake and read the news that "Big" has passed.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I hope Big has the final say on this. His story needs NO hollywood embelishment. Besides, anyone who would go see a movie about Big will know if nonsense has been added.

Comment

Stude, I hope "Large Father" doesn't get called to "THE" line for a good while yet.....

I will be amongst the first in line to see this documentary/buy it....and Don Garlit's life story would make for a hell of a good movie(is there a biography/autobiography on Don out there?).

Comment

Who is going to play a young Pat Garlits?

Who is going to play Shirley?

Who is going to play Wally Parks?

Comment

I'm guessing you won't see a documentary in theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                I'm guessing you won't see a documentary in theaters.
                Too bad we can't say the same for the documentaries of Michael "Roger and Me" Moore . . . . :D

The Ocala.com story says that the Garlits documentary is going straight to DVD . . . and the gift shop at the Garlits museum.

Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
                Who is going to play a young Pat Garlits?

Who is going to play Shirley?

Who is going to play Wally Parks?
                Nobody, unless they come up with another $20 million. Too bad Universal couldn't trim back the next "Fast & Furious" yarn to fund the Garlits biopic project.

In a dream world, Martin Scorsese would direct the proposed biopic . . . but then he'd probably cast Leonardo DiCaprio as Big Daddy Don and DeNiro as Wally Parks . . . .

Comment

The Garlits biopic could be incredible and not just from the nitro-stained, gearhead side of the story. He has lived on hell of a life.

It would and could be a far darker picture than the Burt Monroe piece. Garlits is one of the few guys who has ever gone from incredible underdog to dominating force. Some guy named Force turned that trick as well, but he's the exception to every freaking rule.

If Paul Newman were still alive, I'd cast him as Parks. Maybe DeNeiro could play Garlits later in life. I'd pick someone like Casey Affleck for his early life stuff.

I hope it happens, but I am not holding my breath.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, you've got me thinking . . .

TOP 11 "BANGSHIFTING" MOVIES I'D MAKE IF I WAS AS RICH AS GEORGE SOROS

11. The Garlits biopic (of course).

10. A Peter Kaufmann ("The Right Stuff")-style film on the origins of Hot Rod magazine, the NHRA, and the SoCal hot rod industry. (That's almost the Wally Parks story . . . .)

9. Epic Mickey Thompson biopic. (hot rods, land speed racing, murder . . . .)

8. Carroll Shelby biopic.

7. Smokey Yunick biopic.

6. Cameron Argetsinger biopic (You Watkins Glen folks know what I'm talking about) (http://www.silhouet.com/motorsport/tracks/wat.html).

5. Henry Ford II's catfight with Enzo Ferrari and subsequent assault on Le Mans.

4. Ken Burns-style documentary on drag racing circa 1950-1971 (advent of Garlits' rear-engined dragster & end of the factory musclecar/gasser eras). . . . the David McCullough narration alone would make it incredible.

3. Ken Burns-style documentary on the "golden age" of stock car racing.

2. Ken Burns-style documentary on the history of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

1. Sequel to "Two-Lane Blacktop" (set forty years later).

Comment

Working...
                    X