• Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving is Coming, Give Thanks for your Hot Rod

Re: Thanksgiving is Coming, Give Thanks for your Hot Rod

Amen and Thanks
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Good Stuff! I am very thankful for my Mustang and for all the memories and friends I have accumulated through the 25 years of ownership. Not to mention a lifetime fun in this hobby or sport or whatever it is. And there's lots more to come....
      Time Wasters...
      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I am thankful for my chevelle.....and my brother for buying it for me....and this website donating parts for the engine....and well.....everything.....

This site and its members have helped me get back into my life.....reminded me to start living again.

Thank you all....

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I'm thankful that a friend and the origins of this site(CJTV) kept me from making a colossal mistake and forsaking my hot rod dreams/passions for someone else's bullshit ideas(that person can pound sand..no, it isn't my wife).

Thankful for this site and the "crew" that hangs out here.

Comment

Excellent article...sums the hobby and its effects up perfectly. Its just been posted over my workbench.
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

This one sentence sums it all up for me:

"All of the experiences with cars that I have had, whether success or failures, have helped make me who I am today and I am a happier, more well-rounded person for it. I wouldn?t trade this for the world."

I've been through "the valley of death" that many of us have been through - divorce - some of my friends are going through it now...

I had to sell the boss302 with the #s matching engine - a car I'd built from scratch starting at 18, I'd had the car 12 years by the time I was 30 - it felt like taking one of my arms off when that car went out the driveway on someone elses trailer - and the money I got for it didn't make me feel any better about it - he got all the spare parts I had - I had no place to store them.... he got my dream.

However - with a lot of help - I was able to rebuild my hotrod dreams again - and I'm still working toward them.

If I can do it - anyone can.

This site is full of people that have been through great and not so great times - and the car hobby has helped them through it.

Thanks for expanding my car family Brian and Chad!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                Thanks for expanding my car family Brian and Chad!
                Thanks for becoming part of ours (Chad's the weird uncle)!

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm still waiting to get back to it,
                  but am quite thankful for my freinds, family, and this site.

Comment

My thanks is not so much for the cars I've had over the years (although there have been some pretty cool ones), but mostly for the car PEOPLE I have had the privilege to know over the years. Who'd a thunk I'd have the chance to have dinner with Rob Kinnan, David Freiburger, Dan Warner, Fogie (I won't even try to spell his name!), Scooter Brothers, Norm Brandes, and who knows how many others. Not to mention, and maybe more importantly, all my real-life buddies - Dave Guerrerri, Terry Russell (terrytruckattempt), Joe Roberts, John (Milner), Seth and Luke, The Steves (WM and Rightpedal) and all the rest who's names aren't popping into my head right now. These folks, both on and off this Site, have made my life what it is. It's an amazing life and I'm SO very lucky. And of course, Mary Ellen, without whom none of this would have much meaning.

Thanks all
                    Dan

Comment

it really is nice to be alive

Comment

Working...
                      X