Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangshift Mini-Feature: Bigfoot

Re: Bangshift Mini-Feature: Bigfoot

I'm not sure how Jim Kramer didn't get severely injured with all the head out the window passes he made!!!!
    The old trucks had to be brutal to drive!

While the new trucks are unbelievable for what they can accomplish, I always felt let down by the styling. (sort of old nascar v.s. new nascar) Tube framed with sort of truck looking bodys didn't hold my eye like the old trucks that were real trucks, just bigger!
    The 35th tribute truck is just awesome!!! It looks so right while having modern running gear! It looks so nice iI'd be sick if they flopped it in competition...
    Is the tribute truck just for show, or are they going to race it?

Comment

That truck itself is just for show...BUT....they are going to have some race trucks with the old bodies on them (and modern paint). Apparently Firestone was way into the old truck and wants them to run that body in competition.

I LOVE that truck.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Great thread and pics. I grew up (Still live in same neighborhood) less than a 1/2 mile away from Midwest 4WD and see Bigfoot everyday. My Kids love MonsterJam, but I keep letting them them know that Bigfoot was the original Monster Truck. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Anniversary truck. I love the old look. They have the truck with the super tall tires and Fasttrax on display outside of the shop. The tank is cool.

Comment

I think it is #10 that has the massive Tundra tires on it.

The tank was bad ass. It was blown BBF powered too.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            I think it is #10 that has the massive Tundra tires on it.
            I thought it was 5

Comment

You are correct, according to the Bigfoot4x4.com it is #5 that has the tundra tires on it. When they first put them on, it didn't have the body spacer on it. The tire stood taller than the roof, or at least really close. But when it turned it beat up the body.

While on the site, I noticed that Fasttrax has 2 blown 460s.

Comment

Originally posted by 66PAPR W8
                You are correct, according to the Bigfoot4x4.com it is #5 that has the tundra tires on it. When they first put them on, it didn't have the body spacer on it. The tire stood taller than the roof, or at least really close. But when it turned it beat up the body.

While on the site, I noticed that Fasttrax has 2 blown 460s.
                Good research!

Those little tank vehicles hauled ass back then!

Brian

Comment

How much better did Bigfoot make the movie "Take this job in shove it".

My son and I meet Dan Runte at a show in Unidilla NY in 04, awesome guy, took time to talk and sign some shirts even though he was busier then hell.

He said he wore one of the first HANS neck braces for the big airplane jump.

Big Foot monster truck makes a whopping 202ft jump over a 727 jet, awesome
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

That's still the world record jump I believe. 225ft!

Comment

The C50 "Jolly Green Giant" thing is starting to come into focus. ;D

Amazingly, I walked past those "Bigfeet" probably twenty times in the LVCC parking lot and never noticed that one of them was a new anniversary build.

Originally posted by mustang13
                      How much better did Bigfoot make the movie "Take this job in shove it".
                      "Take this Job and Shove It" . . . now that's a couple of hours of my misspent youth I wish I had back . . . . (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/take..._and_shove_it/)

Oh and Bigfoot (R) #7 was in "Road House" (http://www.bigfoot4x4.com/firsts.html) . . . another movie that tortures brain cells to death: "be nice until it's time to not be nice," . . . "pain don't hurt." Now that's some real Shakespearian dialogue. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1017666-road_house/

Comment

Talking about being a Bigfoot kid in the 80's.....
                        This commercial had me lusting so bad after this toy that when I finally go one for Christmas I was disappointed!!
                        During the 80's almost everyone knew the monster truck Bigfoot. These days it seems to have become irrelevant and forgotten. Same with monster trucks(And suc...

This too....
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Boy, I forgot about the SST toys. I was already in my teens when they came out, still lusted after one. I did build many a Bigfoot from Lego's growing up however.

Two of my favorite magazine memories growing up are of Bigfoot climbing the hill at the Gravelrama and racing the paddle boat down the St. Louy.

That reminds me of something that a friend that owns a Hobbie story told me, it costs a lot to relive your childhood.

Dam Ebay! :'(
                          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

My old buddy Ron Magruger from St. Louis is the one that named it "Big Foot" all those years ago when he worked at Midwest 4WD. That ol' blue Ford was quite a story, and over the years the Monster Truck movement really took off, thanks in a big way to Big Foot and Bob and Marylin Chandler. Good times!

Comment

anyone else have the bigfoot videos i can't remember the names ill have to see if i can dig them up. they were both behind the scene type building the trucks and such. They had a 4x4 aerostar messing around in the dirt and in the water.......I grew up watching those videos over and over again

Comment

Working...
                              X