The Parting Shift: Powershifting Second Gear From Third Gear Is Not Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: Powershifting Second Gear From Third Gear Is Not Good

Re: The Parting Shift: Powershifting Second Gear From Third Gear Is Not Good

I guess he won't be "whackin' the weeds" for a while . . .

And somehow the "check engine" light had a premonition that the end was near.

If that weak 4,000 rpm clutch-drop "scratch" and buzzy 7+ second 0-60 time weren't bad enough, the titanic 3rd gear fail sealed it. Call it a "loss-of-power" shift . . . .

That OZ hoon recidivist is going to have some company "Waitin' fo' th' bus all day" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvivX...eature=related Have mercy!

Comment

Watch the World Cup promo at the 1:15 mark

Comment

"Bus/Jesus" is CLASSIC ZZ.....haven't heard a tune from those boys that I didn't immediately like(Tres Hombres is a constant CD play in my rig).

The powershift FAIL would've been more epic with sounds of gear destruction.....thankfully the whole damn mess didn't seize immediately.

Comment

Funny. When I watched it there was a banner across the bottom - "search for automatic transmissions in the Seattle area". I got a real chuckle outta that one. Didn't sound like the crank fell out or anything - yet.

Dan

Comment

Here's a good one when an Integra's front wheels suddenly stop on the dragstrip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUbgGarhdc

Comment

OUCH ;D

Comment

I've seen the aftermath of events like these and they are not pretty. More than one time I've seen a honda block sawed in half!

Comment

I remember riding with my HS buddy home from school in Dad's nearly new Audi 5000. We stopped at the Jr High to pick up lil bro. He was standing up through the sunroof when Dave decided to mash the gas. Redlined first, redlined second; instead of third gear it went back into first. Lil Brian was looking back at us through the windshield when the car nosed dived.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think this gives "bang shift" a whole new meaning.
                    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                    X