Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Mayfield Interviewed During Auction of His Property

Re: Jeremy Mayfield Interviewed During Auction of His Property

And the freakshow continues. Is it just NASCAR fans that'll fall for the dumbest logic, or is there something in the water out there???

(1) It's an auction. If it wasn't an Emergency fire Sale, he'd be selling his possessions the NORMAL way where you get more than a few pennies on the dollar for whatever you're selling

(2) What kind of idiot buys that much stuff, lives like a king, but saves NO money in case "something happens" - seriously what if he'd have gotten in a wreck? there are a MILLION things that could end his career, but apparently this clown had no concern about the future. I don't care how "calm" he is during an interview where they're hawking their own stuff for emergency's sake - this guy sucks at life!

(3) I can't believe there are people that still think this idiot couldn't be a meth head. Seriously.

(4) I give him less than a year before there's Security Camera footage of him holding up a gas station... no, make that a Lemonade stand... all over the internet.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I read the interview and had to comment....
      and I didn't peep a word until I heard his side also.
      generally I think it's bad practice to regulate people lives like this, but in a sport where your actions can kill other people or the item in question can be used as a performance enhancing drug I understand the regulation.

I think everybody that has an interest should read what he has to say.

Here?s the deal. If I was guilty, why would I spend the money I have spent? I could have taken 30 days off and been back racing. It would have been a hell of a lot easier than what I?m doing today. The reason I?m doing it is because I?m not going to go down for something I didn?t do. The easy way out would have been go do the 30 days rehab just because I took Adderall.

====comment=====
      My take is that he has a chance to say his peace/piece

and what will the end result be? banning anybody who has add from the sport?

but really, here is the kicker that we do not know...if he infact failed his drug test, which he didn't deny, ... what was the amount of what ever chemical in that urine that tests positive in relation to somebody who takes one adderell (sp?) pill per day? If it is more than twice what that number should be then yes, he was in violation of policy from a substance that could be considered a performance enhancing drug.
      if it is equal to twice or less what would be expected from one pill per day then it is obvious that he is being rail roaded.

now somebody may be asking why I say "twice the expected amount" .. for two primary reasons. everybody metabolizes differently and if he took two pills b/c he was having a bad day then, imo, no harn, no foul.

Comment

I like the underdogs myself. I still think he's innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
          x2
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
            x2
            Agree, let's let the courts decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
              x2
              Yeah, cuz it seems smart to believe "the courts" versus that dumb and inconclusive urinalysis stuff
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                x2
                You never know, he might be lucky enough to get 11 tweakers on his jury plus someone with no backbone to join in the verdict. Happened to O.J. in the first trial, only his group were all fans of the Juice.

Yeah, cuz it seems smart to believe "the courts" versus that dumb and inconclusive urinalysis stuff

Comment

If the guy is lying, his story never changes. I think most of us here have our doubts about NASCAR's ethics and that leaves some doubt about the accuracy of their statements on this case. But that is what we have laws and courts for. Hopefully it will be settled quickly.

Comment

Seems like a nice enough guy:

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      x2
                      well.. that's a loaded comment, but I do remember watching the mythbusters show that lemon seed cake or whatever it was could fail you for a drug test.

Eating poppy seed bagels or poppy seed cake can cause one to test positive for heroin and/or opium on a drug test.

confirmed

Heroin is a semi-synthetic opoid made from Morphine. If a test is sensitive enough it can generate a false positive simply by detecting the poppy seeds. Lawsuits have actually been filed and settled due to this phenomenon.

Comment

Mythbusters? : They left a LOT of information out about the drug testing... which is why it's a bad idea to trust a "Entertainment Television Show" for any kind of factual information.

Drug testing labs are *already* aware of what other drugs or combinations of prescription drugs (or other foods) can cause false positives. Drug tests are NOT simple "yes or no" decisions - they are very detailed analyses of chemical concentrations.

Not to mention, they've been the subject of countless challenges, to the point that it's beyond ridiculous to try to claim what Mayfield is claiming.

We even had a Doctor on this forum already point out that it's absolutely ludicrous to challenge results as Mayfield is trying to do... raise your hand if you think Mythbusters is smarter than a guy with the letters "M.D." behind his name... notice how Mayfield doesn't even seem to have any doctors backing up his case? because legal precedent in cases like this was set LONG ago, and the testing process is hardcore science - not witchcraft or voodoo, or anything that can be questioned.

I think, it's very common practice to use drugs and alcohol in NASCAR circles. And sure, maybe NASCAR decided Mayfield would be the first "shot across the bow" for those that DO use drugs and work on or drive Cup cars... Mayfield was probably a GREAT first choice too, because he seems like the guy who won't Narc out the other "big names" who also do drugs, or used to. I imagine there are a few people who are scared shitless that he'll start talking about other "party people"... this story may get a lot more interesting in the near future...

Comment

I saw an article (on NASCAR.com I think) that made mention that somehow France's ex-wife is involved in all of this and is also being sued by Brian France to keep quite???

Comment

NASCAR seeks to keep Brian France-Megan France documents out of Jeremy Mayfield case

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...ield_case.html

Comment

As a limo driver in Cali, I'm subjected to random drug tests. If I'm called, I pee into a cup. Half of it is tested. The other half is set aside. If it comes back positive. I have the right to make them send the other half to another, independent, testing lab to be tested again. BTW, I get called by the testing lab before my employer does. That way the second test will happen before my employer knows anything.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X