Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Chevy Show Sold: Something Interesting Is Happening Here

Re: Super Chevy Show Sold: Something Interesting Is Happening Here

When I first saw the announcement on Maple Grove's web site about them buying into Super Chevy with other partners I just assumed they were trying to keep the series going to save their own date. But later I saw the list of names in the new ownership and started to think...I wonder if there is more to this? These are serious players in the track operating world. This could get real interesting...I trust the records these guys have of making shit happen. I guess we'll just stay tuned...Sometimes change can be a good thing.
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Holy cow! That is a veritable "who's who" of top notch drag racing promotion experts. I can't wait to see what they do with this. Fasten your seatbelts, kids. This should be fun!

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Here's to hoping that Super Chevy gets back to how it used to be. Ten to fifteen years ago it was the biggest show of the summer. I would not let anything get in the way of attending. In 1999, I flew home Friday night from Dallas; I got to bed at 3:30 and by 8:00 was inside the gate at Maple Grove, drooling on the show cars and haggling in the swap meet. My brother and I made the rest of the family schedule our vacations around Super Chevy.

Now, the show is small and the swap meet is a bit sparse. I haven't gone the last couple of years.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Oh, I can't wait to see this. ;D
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It is very interesting, but let's not get the info wrong: quote- Charlie Allen is the operator of Speedworld Dragway in Arizona

Last time I visited with Charlie it was in his office overlooking Firebird Lake, that is a long ways away from that little Speedworld track! :o :o :o :o

Comment

Dang it! Woeful mistake made there. Charlie is the man that runs Firebird Raceway.

Correction made.

Mea Culpa

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

but will it return to n.e.d.w.?

Comment

Not for 2010. Look at the schedule, all of the new owners got a race along with a couple west coast venues.

I don't think I'd really want it back as a track operator until these guys had a chance to work the bugs out and get it rocking and rolling again.

It was lame a few years ago. Northing like the 1990's with the nitro coupes and big huge midway, etc.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Not for 2010. Look at the schedule, all of the new owners got a race along with a couple west coast venues.

I don't think I'd really want it back as a track operator until these guys had a chance to work the bugs out and get it rocking and rolling again.

It was lame a few years ago. Northing like the 1990's with the nitro coupes and big huge midway, etc.
                    the midway was never "huge" but yes it got.. bad at the end.. like they didn't want to be there

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
                      It is very interesting, but let's not get the info wrong: quote- Charlie Allen is the operator of Speedworld Dragway in Arizona

Last time I visited with Charlie it was in his office overlooking Firebird Lake, that is a long ways away from that little Speedworld track! :o :o :o :o
                      look kids ... an insider

Comment

those englishtown SCS were pretty dreadful
                        mapple grove was always great
                        bring back doug marion

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade

look kids ... an insider
                          .... and the crowd said, "Oooooooohhh!!!! AWwwwwww!!!!"
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Back in the 80's and early 90's SCS Arizona was held at Firebird. It was GREAT at first, but it just faded away...... Now it's held at SIR in Tucson. Never been there and nobody talks about it so i doubt it's a barn burner. It would be nice to see Charlie move it back to Firebird. With this group, I smell a series of some sort brewing.
                            Ed

Comment

Bobbie,

I have worked with the NMCA (and prior to that the PRO Fastest Street Car Organization) since 2001. I have worked 63 events for these folks doing a fair amount of annoncing, promoting and coordinating. My current title is True Street Coordinator and yes, I wave the flag proudly.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X