Legendary 1964 Magazine Head to Head Comparison Test Set for 2010 Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary 1964 Magazine Head to Head Comparison Test Set for 2010 Rematch

Re: Legendary 1964 Magazine Head to Head Comparison Test Set for 2010 Rematch

So who's the guy giving up his $2 million GTO for this test? Or does Ferrari still own the first?

Comment

Did everyone forget that those cars weren't tested at the same time, or even on the same track?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        Did everyone forget that those cars weren't tested at the same time, or even on the same track?
        I was just logging on with the zact same thought, there's a REASON for the painting of both cars together. The Ferrari didn't show up in '64. Fantastic artwork however.

The whole thing is a fun thing, but relates to nothing anymore. A stock GTO is a slug as compared, but it sold some magazines.

Comment

Wangers handing wringers to press guys wasn't new. His MO from day one.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            Wangers handing wringers to press guys wasn't new. His MO from day one.
            True, but you know they all (car mfgs) did the same deal. Jack Watson told me a story about Motor Trend testing a Hurst Olds and the braking test results were so damn good (on the press car) that the writer told Doc, "No way, I can't print those results!" as the average street guy's car would never do anything like it. So they re-did them with stock hardware for the real test.

And when the Hemi Mopars were given to mags like SS&DI, the engines were "stock" as in as stock as an NHRA Stock Eliminator car of the era. One time Ronnie Sox himself tested a Road Runner and I think the times were 3/4 of a second quicker than any other published test of same basic car.

Wangers had a lot to do with the success of the GTO, gotta give him credit for that. The new "Judge" he's involved with, not crazy about the taillight treatment but the side view is awesome.

Comment

It's all for fun, but it isn't going to be a good day for that Pontiac. Oh well. Apples & oranges.

Comment

Working...
              X