Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Parking Brake Fail

Re: Video: Parking Brake Fail

He was haulin the mail outta there .... hit and split perhaps?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

THAT was funny!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Hopefully it's a concrete wall it collided with. I was hoping for some last minute panic pulling of the rear bumper :'(
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The truck obviously didn't like where it got parked !!
          :D

Comment

oooooooooooh.....that's gonna be expensive to fix!

Note the tell-tale trail of coolant....that pretty much ensures not only a radiator, but the A/C condenser is likely trashed as well, aside from the obvious body damage. Makes ya wonder if the bags popped, too?

Set the brake, cut the wheels in the direction of the nearest wall/incline, put that sucker in Reverse...beats the hell outta the alternatives.

Comment

The truck obviously didn't like that spot and left.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

A trip back in the time machine to the early 1990's. I was a manager at an auto parts store not too far from where I am now. At that time, I had a 1938 Plymouth 2dr sedan, with the usual sbc, etc. I used to park it in front of the store out by the street to act as a eye catcher and possibly bring a new customer into the store to buy something. Directly across the street is a pretty successfull furnature store located on a hill. One of the owners used to stop her Mercedes on the hill every morning at the side door to let the employees in. This one particular morning, she does her usual thing, but this morning was to be different. She exits her car, forgetting to put it in park first, and the car takes off down the hill. I stood in the big front window and watched totally helpless, as this driverless car crosses a very busy street and makes a bee-line for my car! It slammed into the left rear fender, moved it about 4' sideways and 3' forward into a sign. I said a bad word. Her insurance company paid to have that fixed, and then some. My new parking spot was moved to beside the building after that. Two weeks after the car was completed, that same furnature store had their building painted. The knuckleheads that painted it, used an air sprayer to do the job. It was a nice yellowish color too. Problem was, the overspray made it's way across the street and landed all over my nice deep maroon paint job. Hot Sun beating on the car all day, combined with the fact that my nice new paint job wasn't quite as hard as it should have been, turned my car into a red with yellow poka-dotted car. Luckily I wasn't the only car that was damaged, but it was the only one to get repainted for free.

Comment

OH, that was funny when the truck shows up with the front end bashed. :D
                  Reminds me of a blunder that I pulled several years back.
                  I had restored an'80 Elcamino and swapped a 500 caddy into it. The idea was to keep it looking stock, so when I found an instrument cluster with a factory tach in the boneyard I snagged it. It was nice day, so I decided to do the cluster swap out in the driveway. I had the old cluster out, and set both of them on the ground behind the car while I was comparing them to make sure the new one would fit. Then I went into the car and was trying get some hard to reach screw into the dash. I had to move the shifter out of park to reach the screw, but the driveway was almost level and the car didn't move. When I got out of the car and started walking away to go get a tool, (completely forgetting that it was no longer in park) I heard plastic crunching sounds. :o I turned around to see the Elcamino rolling over the instrument clusters and starting to gain momentum towards a hill with lots of trees and the bottom. I bolted for the car and some how managed to dive into the open door and get the thing stopped just before it would have crashed in the trees. Saved!
                  With a bunch of glue and some paint, I was able to save the cluster too! :D

Comment

So during high school I was kinda the life of the party if ya know what I mean. A couple times I got a stern talking to when being dropped off by my buddies and struggled to make it to the door. Never did the drunk driving thing, but my parents were not impressed.

I had a truck with a 4-speed in it. My parents house is on a dead end road, quiet as hell, no traffic ever, this is important in a minute.

One night I came home stone sober after wrenching on my buddy's car late into the night. The driveway was like one degree away from being totally flat. I parked my truck and went inside, then I went to sleep.

Next thing you know my dad is waking me up and screaming at me for driving drunk. WTF?! He tells me to look outside. My truck is perched perfectly on the crown of the road, just like I parked it there. It took me like three days to convince them I had just forgotten to set the brake.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Saw this video a couple of days ago. That truck's nose is smaaaashed! It also looks like the driver looked back at his truck for a moment there.

Brian: Funny story! Lucky that your house is on a dead end road. If that had happened to me at MY house, I think I would wake up to something far worse than my dad screaming at me.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                        oooooooooooh.....that's gonna be expensive to fix!

Note the tell-tale trail of coolant....that pretty much ensures not only a radiator, but the A/C condenser is likely trashed as well, aside from the obvious body damage. Makes ya wonder if the bags popped, too?

Set the brake, cut the wheels in the direction of the nearest wall/incline, put that sucker in Reverse...beats the hell outta the alternatives.
                        bags don't pop with no one in the seats

Comment

Working...
                        X