Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: An 11-Second Pass in a 30,000-Mile Hemi GTX

Re: The Parting Shift: An 11-Second Pass in a 30,000-Mile Hemi GTX

One of these days I'll have the stones to keep the accelerator to the floor when shifting.
    Nice work.

Comment

Thats great, nice to see guys that dont lift when they row a 4 spd.
      We are what your Mother Warned you about.

Comment

Joel, you's a baaaaad mother with that gear-rowing action...and you employ my favorite mindset of NEVER LIFT.

Collectors need to see how much fun they're missing by letting these cars sit and draw dust.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I love banging gears. When I'm all snowed in up here in Minnesota, pulling up this video and listening to that Hemi sing just makes the winter seem shorter.

Bye for now, Joel

Comment

You're supposed to lift when shifting? ??? lol Nice driving and awesome sounding car! Thanks for sharing.
            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Hey Joel, did you ever miss a gear? Do you have any sort of rev-limiter?
              scott

Comment

I use an MSD6AL ignition with a rev limiter in it hidden under the dash. I raced the car for 5 seasons in Pure Stock and in F.A.S.T. Missed lots of shifts, mostly because of mechanical failures. Some of them were costly. Such as in 03, I was in the final round at the F.A.S.T. spring nationals against Dudek. In prior rounds, I was running quicker than he, so I thought I had him covered. I cut a better light and got out on him by at least a car length. Then I missed the 3rd gear shift and he got past me. By the time I recovered, it was too late. Later, I found a cracked 3-4 shift arm that caused the missed shift. It was cracked from the hole for the trans shaft out to the edge, so it would spread under pressure causing less motion in the shaft than in the lever. That sucked, but that's racing. Still, I'd never give up my manual trans for one of those stinky, slippery, fluid couplings. ;D

Comment

Working...
                X