No announcement yet.

Video and Tech: We Fix the Brakes and Drive Goliath, Our Project C50 Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video and Tech: We Fix the Brakes and Drive Goliath, Our Project C50 Truck

Brian,

Really cool truck! Make sure you post video of it pulling the tree down.

Comment

Brian - we need to park that BIG'un right next to my '56. Same color and everything.

Then have a low power donut contest.

BTW, its almost ice racing season! ;D

Comment

I got two words for ya- Power Tour.

Maybe they should come after these two- Over Drive (12R22.5-rubber overdrive, old man says you should gain 12mph)

Glad I was some help shedding light on the fuzzy clutch disk.

Now remember, when your lads are old enough to joy ride an un-licensed, un-insured heep around the block, you can't get mad, its in their gene's.
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
          I got two words for ya- Power Tour.

Maybe they should come after these two- Over Drive (12R22.5-rubber overdrive, old man says you should gain 12mph)

Glad I was some help shedding light on the fuzzy clutch disk.

Now remember, when your lads are old enough to joy ride an un-licensed, un-insured heep around the block, you can't get mad, its in their gene's.
          Those are 22.5 wheels, so it would just be a larger set of recaps!

The actual gear ratio when the thing is in granny low is 50.83:1!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I want to see this tree pulling! :o
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Epic awesomeness!

It sounds like you'll need to pull the tree down in second gear. First gear will only make planet Earth spin in the opposite direction.

Comment

On the tree rippin' fun --- you bettah pull from the pavement, and use plenty of VHT, otherwise yah just gonnah end up with two huge excavator-sized holes in the ground...

Comment

Unless I have the duals on and I'll make 4 holes. ;D

Comment

Hey, you got a sandblaster at work? You could clean up them wheels before throwin' em on...

Comment

Not much use for a sandblaster at the fertilizer depot.

They do need to be cleaned up.

Comment

Did you get the inner dually wheels with it?
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Someone must have upgraded the wheels at some point, you don't have split rims. When you grease that thing, be sure to jack up the truck from the frame, so the axle hangs. This allows grease to get in everywhere it should go in the springs and king pins. Also look for a grease fitting on the throw out bearing, as well as all clutch linkage and cross shaft. Two fittings likely on the bellhousing. I once worked on a 1965 C60, the floors and rockers were way worse. The were repaired with license plates.

Comment

I love the truck, but I gotta ask: When you pulled back into your driveway, did you bounce off the roof??
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Floors, Schmoors. Your feet are on the pedals, not the floor. Ok, if your that desperate, go down to Dad's wood pile and get a piece of scrap plywood, the wood screws and cordless drill.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Have you made a wish list yet? The mili-second shot of the engine compartment told me that the fuel pump has been replaced already. I'll check to see if we have a genuine OE pump for Goliath.

Comment

Working...
                                X