• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: A Reminder Why Actual Gearheads Prefer BangShift.com

Re: The Parting Shift: A Reminder Why Actual Gearheads Prefer BangShift.com

LOL....."sharing the love", Brian?

...and a dirty-hair dig to boot!

Yeah, teaching the young lady to run a stick is OK, but the handjob innuendoes were kinda lame.

The power-shifting of the Charger(NEVER LIFT!!!) is AWESOME!

She shoulda received lessons from THAT guy.

Comment

Wow. I'm amazed that stroke isn't wearing Ed Hardy in this interview, she looks/sounds like my ex, here's hoping for a firey end to this automotive trainwreck.

Brian, you made your point. Please, don't put that crap up again! :D
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Jalopnik-home of the "clean hands" car guys that know everything about cars but don't own any tools. :

Comment

She probably liked step # 2

Yeah Jalopnik,I dont think I like that website too much.

Comment

Now I see my problem, I've been shifting at 2,000rpm instead of 3,000-4,000rpm :o

Seems when I shift it at 4,000rpm I get a little gap in the rubber mark on the street :'(

;D

Good Blog Brian! You guys should get a video together of each of you rowing some gears. We saw you recently in the C50, I've only heard tales of Chad's abilities.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

WOW! The first video gave me time to shake the doo off my jalopnik. The second was pure badasserness!

Comment

Holy shit, I drive an '89 VW Jetta diesel around NY and I don't shift at 3-4k. Check that idiot's wallet, I bet in place of his man-card is a metrocard (pre-paid subway card).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                  Holy shit, I drive an '89 VW Jetta diesel around NY and I don't shift at 3-4k. Check that idiot's wallet, I bet in place of his man-card is a metrocard (pre-paid subway card).

Metrosexual card.

Comment

Well, they do have this obsession with dragoning cars... did I say too much?

Comment

the 'lady' is what we in the NY area call "high maintenance"...........they require a high degree of underwriting abilities :

Would really like to see her in Randall's Buford 'engaging' the clutch at the recommended engine speed of 4,000 RPM....could result is small personal hygiene accident :o
                      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Yeah, well, perhaps it is not best to fight snarkiness with more snarkiness. Definitely not a respectable approach.

Jalopnik was a lot better in their first few years, but has since been on the decline. That said, they do appreciate wagons, car/trucks (e.g. El Camino, etc.), and other bizzare creations which involve odd V8 swaps. But yeah, Jalopnik doesn't offer much these days. Their photography is awful, and their reviews are tiny and lacking substance.

But still, I find attacking them in poor taste. Better to just ignore.

Comment

I just got back from the store and thought I'd check on that 3,000-4,000rpm shift point. Turns out 25mph is 3500rpm in first, so I don't have to worry about any of the other gears while I'm cruising around Ely :D
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

isnt jalopnik swedish for - lets watch cheese grow mold ?

im sorry i couldnt make it past the first minute and twenty seconds of the video, thank you guys for the cliff notes from it
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Pseudo cars guys writing for pseudo car guys--you nailed that. Bunch of Car & Driver wannabees. :

Comment

Working...
                              X