Creepy: Sacramento Cops Pulling Cars Over For Smog Checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creepy: Sacramento Cops Pulling Cars Over For Smog Checks

Oh just face it. We have no rights anymore. They do what they want when they want. how they want.

If California does it, then it must be good for the rest of us, right? I mean that's how this stuff usually works.

Ohio does random safety checks where they pull cars over and give 'em a 'safety' inspection. Been doin' it for yrs. Why not just add a smog check machine to it?

Oh and that comment about an EXIT rd. prior to the stop so you can avoid it...HA Ha HA... that's funny....They way they use that here, is that if any driver takes that exit, then that action alone, gives the gendarmes the probable cause they need to stop ya. What great legal logic....round in circles ya go.....

Unless you stand up and shout about these injustices you deserve to be treated this way.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
      My point is, if it's not for actual enforcement purposes, they should not be giving the perspective that it is by using L/E to wave cars in. If it's a private company doing this, advertise, have a cop standing by if needed, but let the company run the show.
      Another State Agency is doing the testing, the CHP is directing traffic. It takes up a lane of traffic, might as well have an officer directing traffic, especially if he's going to be there. I rather my tax dollars pay a guy to direct traffic than sit in the car spectating.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Another reason my state is past its eyeballs in debt...

Comment

I am soooooooooooooo glad that WI isnt doing any of this crap. Our laws dont even allow for DUI check points.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

They must have read Tubby?s thread on avoiding emission checks. ;D
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index.php?topic=17691.0

Comment

Working...
            X