• Show
Clear All

• College Kid Pens the Worst NASCAR Editorial Ever

Re: College Kid Pens the Worst NASCAR Editorial Ever

He lost me at the 2nd paragraph...
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I cinched it up and slogged through the whole thing . . . .

Here's what I posted to the "comments" section (I hope it was Jalopnik "Car and Driver wantabe" snarky enough . . . :D)

After suffering through David Humphreys "brain[-] numbing" screed against all things NASCAR, I think we all know his answer to the brilliantly scholarly sidebar question "Do you smoke hookah?" Lay off the pipe, Dude! It will help with the drooling . . . .

Bangshift.com slugged the link to this pile-up of an commentary correctly: "College Kid Pens the Worst NASCAR Editorial Ever" See http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Colleg...rial-Ever.html

(BTW, I'm not a sycophantic apologist for NASCAR. In fact, I'm a frequent critic of NASCAR (just Google "NASCAR Speedzzter" for proof). But at least I have a fundamental understanding of the sport from which to criticize it. )
      I'm just hoping that Spidergearsman finds (or repairs) the "shift key" on his computer before attempting to post a rebuttal . . . . ;D

Comment

This guy needs to see an actual race in person.

Comment

They'd have to call a caution to mop up all the drooling . . . .

Comment

Dude Speedzzter, you left a comment, LOL! I don't know why but that cracked me up after reading the dismal article.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Well we all know that college kids know everything. : ;D
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well written? no.

Accurate? hell yes. I don't see what's so bad about that guy's article other than he's a junior journalist.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I gotta agree with the dieselgeek guy.

The article is a pretty accurate depiction of what NASCAR has become.

Comment

As I was a geek geek, before I became a car geek, I wouldn't let this kid comment about Dungeons and Dragons.

If he was discussing a culture he'd be labeled a racist.

Instead he gets to present his ignorance and supposition as fact.

My only real issue is that the people who will believe what he says are the people that NASCAR needs to attract. The virgin fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      Well written? no.

Accurate? hell yes. I don't see what's so bad about that guy's article other than he's a junior journalist.

until you've strapped into one of those cars d/g and run 500 miles.
                      your opinion is silly, as you got no clue on anything that doesn't have a microprocessor
                      stape in, and then tell us just how dull it is..
                      try to keep it off the wall.. before lap 5

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
                        Well written? no.

your opinion is silly, as you got no clue on anything that doesn't have a microprocessor

Probably pretty exciting in the car, but watching it is a waste of time, and yes I've been to the track and seen it in person. The tailgaiting was hella fun though.
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Well, I think is NASCAR pretty boring, too (for quite some time) - but this kid is obviously not a car guy.
                          Therefore I find him unable to make a relevant statement of opinion.
                          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm guessing he thinks figure skating is exciting
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                              Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
                              Well written? no.

Probably pretty exciting in the car, but watching it is a waste of time, and yes I've been to the track and seen it in person. The tailgaiting was hella fun though.
                              just like drag racing
                              braxket cars from the stands = nap time

Comment

Working...
                              X