Comment

Re: Who's Steering NASCAR?

Originally posted by studemax
        EARNHARDT
        The dead one or the gay one?
        the daughter one

Comment

The series has been headed downward even before Bill Jr. passed the torch....but has picked up speed within the past several years.

Simply put, there needs to be a shakeup at the top.....the sport of stock-car racing needs someone who has a clue as to what made it GREAT at one time.....what works, and what DOESN'T.

What they have now damn sure isn't it, and anyone trying to claim it is or better than it was is either:

A) Blind as a bat
          B) Delusional

I've outlined my complaints with NASCAR before, and things that I feel needs to change in order to keep the series from dying on the vine(and let's be honest about it, it IS).....whether anyone in command in Daytona Beach, Florida has the vision and courage to step up and make those changes is another story.

Comment

It's a runaway right now, no one steering. But I would like to see Humpy Wheeler take it over, at least he cares about the show and people respect him.

Comment

Humpy is a great guy, but isn't he considered "persona non grata" right now by NASCAR?
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

They are doing some stuff right. Reni and I went to the finale at Homestead and it was a blast!
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                  Humpy is a great guy, but isn't he considered "persona non grata" right now by NASCAR?
                  Tell me more, maybe my memory has gone awry, I just thought he was on the outs with Bruton?
                  And by the way, I had to look up persona non grata :D

Comment

Tell me more, maybe my memory has gone awry, I just thought he was on the outs with Bruton?
                    My bad!
                    You are correct - Bruton Smith ran him off (after Humpy served faithfully for years).
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Well I was always well pleased with Charlotte( or LMS) visiting there for Food Lion Auto Fair and Nascar events, well run staff ,clean and all aimed to please , and I have seen Humpy on more than 1 occasion riding the grounds in the golf cart just checking on everything. Seems he had a real sense of business about him and taking care of the fans.
                      I think that NASCAR as a whole needs that, the concepts are there but it just needs dialed back in.

Comment

Working...
                      X