Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Ray is Dead but Thankfully His Wildcat Hot Rod Dragstrip is Not

Re: George Ray is Dead but Thankfully His Wildcat Hot Rod Dragstrip is Not

RIP, living history right there, hopefully it continues.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that the track will remain open and I intend to make make my way to Paragould in 2010 and make a few passes but it would have been an awesome experience to have met the Man himself!

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

I'm glad to hear that the track will remain open and I intend to make make my way to Paragould in 2010 and make a few passes but it would have been an awesome experience to have met the Man himself!

x2

I hope we can make it down there next year.

Maybe we can set up a Bangshift.com event there next year. It wouldnt have to be anything fancy.

Comment

Dude....that is an AWESOME idea. Just a get together at the coolest race track in the world.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Dude....that is an AWESOME idea. Just a get together at the coolest race track in the world.

Brian
            Seriously,
            We just need to pick a date that everyone is cool with, stick with it, and see what happens. I know of several people that would show up.
            I kinda look at it like, I have already missed the opportunity to meet the guy. I dont want to miss the opportunity to visit or maybe even race on his track. Who wouldnt want a picture of their car doing a burnout at that place?!

Comment

Mapquest says 402 miles from KC for the scenic route. I'm in.

Comment

Thats what I figured too. Going straight south from here (KC) would be the coolest, most scenic route.
                Maybe we should make a thread in the events section and see who we can get to go.

Comment

Living only 45 minutes away from George Ray's i've been going there for over thirty years. And was deeply saddened to hear of George passing...Have been wondering and hoping the track would stay open. It's a time capsule to say the least and road trip there wouldn't be wasted time for sure. First Memphis closing and now losing George Ray it's been a rough few months on the racing community around the mid south. R.I.P. George.....It's a different world with out you.

Comment

pick a date and i'll try my damnedest to be there, might be able to get a couple other peeps to ride along too - I know my dad has been wanting to stretch the legs on his 09 stang
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
                      pick a date and i'll try my damnedest to be there, might be able to get a couple other peeps to ride along too - I know my dad has been wanting to stretch the legs on his 09 stang
                      OK

Here it is.

Who is going???

Comment

George Rays is still racing,with a few changes, Time Slips are giving now and starting this year no more
                        double brakeouts there will be a winner on each pass,,Come see us its STILL very different from the norm.
                        Ken......

Comment

vary cool track to go to we raced there every weekend tell moveing to okc miss the track there is know track like it need to go if you have not been there so go and chk it out and see it thanks paul

Comment

Working...
                          X