Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Pick of the Week: A Monster 1973 Cadillac Eldorado

Re: Craigslist Pick of the Week: A Monster 1973 Cadillac Eldorado

The car I worked on the most over the last few years was Gregg's 76 Eldo convert. Black, black, black. Heaviest, biggest, most expensive American built car that year. The doors are longer than most Xion's. Every time I drive it, it's like looking over the bow of my Uncle's 38 ft Doral Sport Cruiser. But, amazingly, it's insanely easy to drive. Besides, the over powered steering, it has the shortest turning radius of any land yacht I've ever been behind the wheel of. Stops on a dime thanks to big 4 wheel discs too. Parking it becomes more an excercise of docking a ship.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      The car I worked on the most over the last few years was Gregg's 76 Eldo convert. Black, black, black. Heaviest, biggest, most expensive American built car that year. The doors are longer than most Xion's. Every time I drive it, it's like looking over the bow of my Uncle's 38 ft Doral Sport Cruiser. But, amazingly, it's insanely easy to drive. Besides, the over powered steering, it has the shortest turning radius of any land yacht I've ever been behind the wheel of. Stops on a dime thanks to big 4 wheel discs too. Parking it becomes more an excercise of docking a ship.
      My friend Erik (Scott, you met him at the California Speedway and Good Guys Event), his first car was a 1976 Olds 98 2-dr. We were rockin in Highschool with that tank. Funny you should mention the steering radius, because you're RIGHT! That thing would pull a tighter U-turn than my Skylark, and I swore the inside rear wheel stood in place as it made a full turn. That was a fun car, and Erik could drive it like a pro in a busy mall parking lot.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I prefer the 71 72 Eldo and Coupe De Ville's but this is good. Theres gonna be one as my DD when I move someplace warm.

Comment

Working...
        X