• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazerteam
    replied
    Re: Just Because: Newspaper in the Philippines Reviews Shelby GT500

Originally posted by kotsenieric
    First of, do not be surprised as Filipinos are very much into cars. I'm a Filipino and has been crazy into cars as far as I can remember and knows so much people like myself. There are a lot of American muscle cars and hot rods in the Philippines FYI because American servicemen were shipping their cars in the Philippines during the Subic and Clark base days. When the government took over the American bases, and most of the US military people went back home, they left their cars in the Philippines. It was not given much attention immedietely because Phils being a poor country would opt to buy cheaper cars with good mileage than V8 "gas guzzlers". SOme were even converted to diesels. To my surprise though, now everybody's crazy about American muscle cars and what use to be selling a dime a dozen within the vicinity of Clark and Subic is now very hard to find because all of them are now in the hands of hobbyists, hot rodders and collectors in the Philippines. We also have a Jay Leno (TV talkshow personality and car collector) counterpart over there who doesn't want these cars out of the country and everytime a car is being "threatened" to be bought and shipped out , he would buy these cars. Yes, hot rodding is very much alive in the Philippines
    I have read about that,and there was even a chevy factory in the philipines one time,as i understand.They even made camaros.One of them is owned by a friend over here.It was exported from the pilipines 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• kotsenieric
    Guest replied

First of, do not be surprised as Filipinos are very much into cars. I'm a Filipino and has been crazy into cars as far as I can remember and knows so much people like myself. There are a lot of American muscle cars and hot rods in the Philippines FYI because American servicemen were shipping their cars in the Philippines during the Subic and Clark base days. When the government took over the American bases, and most of the US military people went back home, they left their cars in the Philippines. It was not given much attention immedietely because Phils being a poor country would opt to buy cheaper cars with good mileage than V8 "gas guzzlers". SOme were even converted to diesels. To my surprise though, now everybody's crazy about American muscle cars and what use to be selling a dime a dozen within the vicinity of Clark and Subic is now very hard to find because all of them are now in the hands of hobbyists, hot rodders and collectors in the Philippines. We also have a Jay Leno (TV talkshow personality and car collector) counterpart over there who doesn't want these cars out of the country and everytime a car is being "threatened" to be bought and shipped out , he would buy these cars. Yes, hot rodding is very much alive in the Philippines

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied

The norwegian tv program"autofil"tested the Shelby too.On a racetrack.

OMG OMG OMG! :D they are speaking norwegian. i'm not texting it. cause not many pepol is gonna watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Just Because: Newspaper in the Philippines Reviews Shelby GT500

Working...
X