Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Outakes from the New TV Show "Will Race Anything" With Freiburger and Chad, Premiering Tonight at 11 on TRU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Outakes from the New TV Show "Will Race Anything" With Freiburger and Chad, Premiering Tonight at 11 on TRU

Re: Video: Outakes from the New TV Show \

I really want DF & Chad to be successful . . . and I'll force myself to watch the pilot . . . .

BUT, I felt like I was losing brain cells watching those outtakes. It was just a depressing orgy of mindless vandalism and wanton destruction of what looked like a solid, restorable car. A car of a type that will NEVER, EVER be built again in this country. It was sickening.

(I fully realize that such acerebral waste appeals to a short-sighted, juvenile segment of Bangshifters)

At least when the BBC Top Gear guys do something similar, they've got those charming accents. They make smart, pithy comments. The videography is often notably artistic. And they're usually ashcanning obvious rust buckets that barely run.

I didn't see any of that in the outtakes. I'm afraid the new show looks more like a couple of drunken ex-cons videotaping themselves on a crime spree.

I really expected better from DF.

Comment

Where is your sense of adventure, mindless vandalism, juvenile delinquency and wanton destruction ?
      Remember, the British LOST the war !!!

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
        I really want DF & Chad to be successful . . . and I'll force myself to watch the pilot . . . .

BUT, I felt like I was losing brain cells watching those outtakes. It was just a depressing orgy of mindless vandalism and wanton destruction of what looked like a solid, restorable car. A car of a type that will NEVER, EVER be built again in this country. It was sickening.

(I fully realize that such acerebral waste appeals to a short-sighted, juvenile segment of Bangshifters)

At least when the BBC Top Gear guys do something similar, they've got those charming accents. They make smart, pithy comments. The videography is often notably artistic. And they're usually ashcanning obvious rust buckets that barely run.

I didn't see any of that in the outtakes. I'm afraid the new show looks more like a couple of drunken ex-cons videotaping themselves on a crime spree.

I really expected better from DF.
        I'm not sure whether to be insulted or relieved by the fact that you only expected better from DF. LOL

Anyway, as mentioned before, this is not CarJunkieTV. DF and I, while the folks that came up with the initial show idea, are not the ones who get to control where that goes. Tru TV and the production company have made changes based on what they feel is commercially and creatively best for their network.

Take the above statement for what it is... ;D

As for the Imperial and its fate....Get over it. Nobody with a quarter of a brain cell restore an Imperial from the mid '70s. Seriously? This car was nice, don't get me wrong. But it did smell like cat pee, and more importantly was huge, 440 powered, and cheap. It fit the bill for us, and I would cut one up again tomorrow.

Sorry.
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Re: Video: Outakes from the New TV Show

Cars like that are rare...but not valuable. Like running chevettes.

I wish I got that channel, but I'll settle for watching a bootleg copy of the show whenever anyone feels like uploading it

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad

I'm not sure whether to be insulted or relieved by the fact that you only expected better from DF. LOL
            Sorry for the slight, Chad. I expect better from everyone associated with DF, including you. Like Jeremy Clarkson, DF is the main draw to your show.

Anyway, as mentioned before, this is not CarJunkieTV. DF and I, while the folks that came up with the initial show idea, are not the ones who get to control where that goes. Tru TV and the production company have made changes based on what they feel is commercially and creatively best for their network.
            Yep, I remember hearing that very same lecture back in RTVF school. "You can never underestimate the American TV audience." And that was before the explosion in reality programing. Maybe that's part of the real reason Leno says there will never be an American-style "Top Gear."

As for the Imperial and its fate....Get over it. Nobody with a quarter of a brain cell restore an Imperial from the mid '70s.
            That's what they said about '38 Fords fifty years ago. Apparently http://www.imperialclub.com is a cadre of the brainless . . . . It's not like Imperial lovers will ever need any replacement parts or that someone in the future wouldn't want a "nice" core (even if it does need to be fumigated).

This car was nice, don't get me wrong. But it did smell like cat pee, and more importantly was huge, 440 powered, and cheap. It fit the bill for us, and I would cut one up again tomorrow.
            I guess "it takes a REAL MAN to cut one up" as the hackneyed t-shirt slogan goes, right?

The "I would do it again tomorrow" attitude is one of the most troubling aspects of the whole thing. Other than the ego boost of being on TV and the paycheck, there's little redeeming value in glorifying tearing stuff up for fun. It would be one thing to build a Grassroots 200x racer or attack Bonneville with a beater or do any number of non-destructive motorsports. But to just trash a "nice" big car because it's "huge, 440 powered, and cheap" will never make any sense to me.

You're the big TV star though, so the market says you're right and I'm wrong.

I've got to go throw up now. I'm sorry that we'll apparently have to disagree on this. Good luck with your new show.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad

That's because you're dead, remember ;D Besides you're a chicken humping degenerate, we'd expect nothing but this from you ;D
              sigpic

Comment

Trust me, I made more money working my last two jobs than "reality" tv pays...LOL

I would do it again, because it was fun. I might not do this same event again, but I would do Lemons or any number of other beater type of events.

As for the American version of Top Gear. It can't happen because the networks here aren't owned by the government like the BBC is. They don't need GM, Ford, Toyota, etc. to advertise with them. We can't tear up new cars and tell everyone how crappy they are here for fear of no advertising. It sucks, but it's the truth.

Plus, the Brits can get away with anything. I love them for it.

But...Speedzter, I appreciate your opinion. Truly. If we all agreed about everything the world would be a pretty boring place. And if the imperial club guys are as fanatic about their cars as I am about mine, then more power to them. I loved out Imperial. I just wasn't heart broken to make it into what we needed. By the way, it's not dead. We don't have it, but it took a beating like none other and is now a demo derby car.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Looks good I'll be watching for sure!!! I just gotta find the channel

Comment

I'll watch, but I sure hope there isn't a commentator saying "and he could have died" every 3 minutes like on Jesse James is a Dead Man. If so I'm gone.

Comment

Apparently http://www.imperialclub.com is a cadre of the brainless . . . . It's not like Imperial lovers will ever need any replacement parts or that someone in the future wouldn't want a "nice" core (even if it does need to be fumigated).
                      We live in a (mostly) free market society. If 1970s imperials were in really in high demand, the guys would not have been able to pick one up cheap.

Believe it or not, there really are more old cars around, than there are people willing to spend the time/money to fix/restore/maintain them.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                        Apparently http://www.imperialclub.com is a cadre of the brainless . . . . It's not like Imperial lovers will ever need any replacement parts or that someone in the future wouldn't want a "nice" core (even if it does need to be fumigated).
                        We live in a (mostly) free market society. If 1970s imperials were in really in high demand, the guys would not have been able to pick one up cheap.

Believe it or not, there really are more old cars around, than there are people willing to spend the time/money to fix/restore/maintain them.

Where you live.

Comment

Watching the show now, I like it , but hey ,I guess I am Fuc#ed Up like that to. I want more episodes!

Comment

Remy-Z is out in the garage. He's screaming incoherently- something about truck wiring, "goddamn no sattelite" and I'm pretty sure he just threw an intake manifold into the yard.

What channel is it on? He forgot to ask his neighbor. ;D

-Mike.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Well, that was inane, but inane is good when it is this funny. Glad DF at least caught the car on fire. One thing about you guys is that you were real gentleman and let the lady win. Good going guys, what's next?

Comment

Working...
                              X