Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Outakes from the New TV Show "Will Race Anything" With Freiburger and Chad, Premiering Tonight at 11 on TRU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video: Outakes from the New TV Show \

Did I see Chad wearing some BS stuff at the beginning?
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

well atleast speedz didnt call chad smegal

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
        Did I see Chad wearing some BS stuff at the beginning?
        Yep, that was very observant Bob, I missed it entirely ...
        :-\

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
        I am wearing a BangShift hat and an Air Ride hat during most of the show, but they made me darken the logos. They suck. Producers and network guys are clueless. Anyway, we couldn't logo stuff up. They said we could at first, and then they said no. I'm going to be more demanding if the show gets picked up. Look for BS on Primetime!

Comment

Originally posted by King Matt
          You don't have to be a good driver or a great writer to write for a car magazine. In fact, being either one generally hurts more than helps. Trust me on that. ;)
          But the uninformed scuttlebutt over on the CC Board was always that the 8-second Mustang was what hurt the most. ;D

All of this reminds me of a piece that "Turbo Ted" (and all you SIM insiders know his actual identity) wrote years ago over on the CC Board.

[Flashback]

"Writer X (PBS): A huge publishing monolith conducts a Jack Roush-style 'gong show' search for a new 'Junior Assistant Special Projects Associate Editor' (ever notice how everyone at a car mag is an "editor?")

[Of course this was written back when car mags still had staffs . . . .]

In the first episode, the SUITS UPSTAIRS screen the hoard of on-line applications submitted by the various illiterati who all think it would be "bitchin'" to "work" for a car book (and get paid to style like e. e. cummings.)

[The SEMA Editor-for-A-Day contest was kind of like that . . . except for the getting paid part]

("work," in the minds of the idealistic wantabe scribes, of course, means:

--guzzling free booze mooched from product reps,

--doing sydeshow doughnuts in handbuilt "press fleet" vehicles and rental cars,

--snapping a few blurry digital photos at "events" across the Heartland,
          [With the help of a camara shop on the Las Vegas Strip, I had the "blurry photo" part down COLD at SEMA]

--"meeting and greeting" the t-shirt models, and

--occasionally turning in one long, hackneyed, run-on sentence of a story, before jumping ship for an industry PR rep gig)

The least incoherent of the applicants are then initiated to the "realities" of publishing ("You want me to work 100 hours per week for WHAT!?!" "You want cream in your coffee, Mr. Editor-In-Chief?" "Sure, I can rewrite thirty manufacturer press releases before deadline." "Oh I've got a really, really fresh angle on that SBC build-up . . . .")

http://forums.carcraft.com/70/667621...eas/index.html
          Originally posted by White Monster

Ok, ok, at first read it came across as a bashing, flaming writeup and after several late morning Bloody Mary's, it got me riled up.
          Usually folks resort to alcohol AFTER I rile 'em up . . . . :D

Also, if you did watch the pilot while reading an HPP magazine and wrote your blog after the show was over without referring to any notes, you did a pretty amazing job.
          You left out that I might have also taken a little snooze during the show (All those commericals and the HPP LS write-ups are good cures for insomnia . . . . )

I'm big enough to apologize . . . .
          You have nothing to apologize for. It was just a hearty discussion.

I can't argue with the fact that you are indeed a well versed journalist.
          Well I can! I know some career print journalists who categorically exclude all bloggers from the scope of journalism. And Brian's bucket list single-handledly disqualified me from claiming to be "well-versed."

I also must admit that I was getting a little annoyed at the redneck who monotonously repeated "He's going home in a box" too, whether or not he actually said it that many times or it was the producers of the show.
          If he actually said it that many times, Chad and DF should have dialed 911 and sought a victims protective order (or restraining order or whatever they call them in Cali)

Lastly, if your recollection is that good, you definitely realize the show was titled "Will Race Anything" and not "Will Wreck Anything"
          I was feeding the dog when the opening titles rolled . . . . And why does everybody think my recollection is so good. The show was on less than 24 hours ago! Besides, I try to clear my mind of meaningless trivia (e.g. where my car keys are, birthdays, anniversaries, how many cars I own) so I can recall everything on Tru-TV.

. . . . although this is probably another witty joke.
          Busted (at least for intent to commit humor).

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
            Nah, the prominent hair was on the wrong end of his head for that one . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
              Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
              Nah, the prominent hair was on the wrong end of his head for that one . . . .
              Now THAT is funny as sh!t !!!
              :D

Comment

Definately something i would watch. The hotel i am in this week doesn't have TRU though. DAMN!
                when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

iMPAILER . The Impailer is resting at a friends house .I have pics but cannot post.

Originally posted by Smack View Post
                  Definately something i would watch. The hotel i am in this week doesn't have TRU though. DAMN!
                  I need permission to post Impailer pics

Comment

Go for it!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                    X