Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Video: Jan Magnussen Beats the Hell Out of a New ZR1 Corvette at The 'Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Video: Jan Magnussen Beats the Hell Out of a New ZR1 Corvette at The 'Ring

Re: Crazy Video: Jan Magnussen Beats the Hell Out of a New ZR1 Corvette at The 'Ring

I noticed the passengers foot never left its position high up on the footwell..... ;)

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Re: Crazy Video: Jan Magnussen Beats the Hell Out of a New ZR1 Corvette at The 'Ring

I don't want this to sound Gay.....But I want to have Jan Magnussens' babies.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Kept leaning back from the screen trying to slow down and not run over the bikes ! Show this to anyone who thinks bikes are faster than cars thru the twistys !

Comment

Re: Crazy Video: Jan Magnussen Beats the Hell Out of a New ZR1 Corvette at The '

I don't know about the having his babies part...LOL ;D but this dude is a pretty decent driver. How does his score (what was it by the way?) stack up against the factory driver Jim Mero?
          Alrighty folks. Here it is. The General has released the in-car footage of the Corvette ZR-1 lapping the Nurburgring in 7:26.4, hitting 180 mph on the 12.9-m...

He does appear a bit smoother. I wonder what the real potential is for the ZR1 - King of the Hill? Once again, cheap American muscle slam dunks all that Euro trash for a fraction of the price. OK, I admit that's a gross exaggeration but you know what I mean.

BTW I wonder what the record for a van is on the Ring? ;)
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

did anybody else besides me keep ducking down to try to see below the rear view mirror

and does a car that fast need a rear view mirror lol

great video, thanx for sharing
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Re: Crazy Video: Jan Magnussen Beats the Hell Out of a New ZR1 Corvette at The '

Originally posted by yogreasygramma

Don't know what the record in a van is, but there was an episode of Top Gear where Sabine took a Ford Transit van around the ring-and was faster than Clarkson in a Jag!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed

Don't know what the record in a van is, but there was an episode of Top Gear where Sabine took a Ford Transit van around the ring-and was faster than Clarkson in a Jag!
                i was looking for that video on youtube, thats a great episode
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Great video, at the end it sounded like the passanger said "I just shit myself,,lets go have some pizza" lol
                  Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed

10.08.49 according to this link ;).I dont think you can beat Sabine with the Econline,Mike ;D.

Comment

I don't think this guy knew the Ring as well as Jim Mero seemed to in the GM video from a few months back, he wasn't getting all he could from the straightaways, seemed to fighting some of the tighter turns a bit, and seemed unsure of which gear to run in at times. But Mero was undoubtedly super familiar with the track, and working in a professional capacity. Still a very cool video, and strapping your ass into the passenger seat would be a amazing ride, as well as a nearly biblical leap of faith...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sport
                        I don't think this guy knew the Ring as well as Jim Mero seemed to in the GM video from a few months back, he wasn't getting all he could from the straightaways, seemed to fighting some of the tighter turns a bit, and seemed unsure of which gear to run in at times. But Mero was undoubtedly super familiar with the track, and working in a professional capacity. Still a very cool video, and strapping your ass into the passenger seat would be a amazing ride, as well as a nearly biblical leap of faith...

Maybe Magnussen just had some time on the track,and wanted to know how much he could push the car in diffrent turns.Straightaways are easy.Just press the pedal.. ;).

I have the feeling that GM is trying to take the time around the ring a little farther..and that replacing Mero with a professional driver is the way to do it.Time will show.

Comment

Actually, Clarkson beat Sabrine... however, it was by a second or so and he was in a Jag when he did his best time..... and she was in a diesel Sprinter van (the ford version of it).

Still, awesome to see how fast that vette is - I think the last motorcyclist passed was surprised to be passed lol (the finger gesture of "get out of my way" by Magnussen).
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Very cool video, but, MAN, that surface is in terrible condition! Hard to be fast when you're white-knuckling the wheel to keep the tire chatter from throwing the car off the course!

Comment

Working...
                            X