Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Buick Chief Named, Meter Running

Re: New Buick Chief Named, Meter Running

As lots of ya'll know I'm a Buick diehard so I'm watching this pretty closely. They are bringing out the new Regal soon and I have to say I'm slightly disappointed.
    Upshots:
    6sp manual offered late model year, last time you could get Buick with a manual was sometime in the very early 1980's.
    Turbo SIDI (Spark Ignition, Direct Injection) 2.0L I4 coming later this year.
    It looks pretty high quality stuff, looks to be aimed like most of the rest of the brand at Acura and Infinity.

Bad sides I see:
    Powerplant offerings are weak, its not a big car but the 3.6 SIDI V6 needs to come and fast.
    Styling is a lot of BMW and even Hyundai Genisis on the outside and inside, doesn't look bad but not completely original.
    No AWD, probably going to need it in the increasingly gadget driven world of the entry level sports luxury sedan.
    Has a name with a history but not really much to do with the history, the LaCrosse really has more of the old Regal's place in the line up. This is filling somewhat of the 80's and 90's Skylark and Century type marketplace.

Bring back the Riviera, probably FWD/AWD and sized alongside the Lucurne. Keep doing what they are doing with the Lucurne but expand the V8 downwards. Rename the LaCrosse and aim it at the old LeSabre market not the old Regal market.
    Buick is the one that should be taking on the Japanese luxury sports guys, let Caddy take on the Europeans. Give us some Pontiac performance that's dieing with a bit of the old Caddy technology focus. Keep the styling conservative but the quality and the punch well on track.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I too am a diehard Buick guy. I have never owner a four door car and only owned one car that wasn't a Buick(5liter Mustang) though I have owned a few trucks over the years. I would darken the door of the dealer if they would come to market with a sporty touring coupe with some power and a trunk. Not saying I would buy one from government motors but I would go look at it and a buy is a possibility. I haven't been to a Buick dealer in many, many years.
      Rich

sigpic

Comment

lucernes are nice , but the northstar is going under , maybe LS time ?

Comment

Working...
        X