Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Thinks it Will Take Two Years to Rehab Its Image

Re: Chrysler Thinks it Will Take Two Years to Rehab Its Image

In my view, Chrysler won't change it's tarnished image until they repay their $3.7 billion dollar TARP loan to the taxpayer's !!

And I will not be buying any of their products until then, and will suggest that nobody else does either, regardless of how cool the new Challenger R/T is ...

Comment

In my view, Chrysler won't change it's tarnished image until they repay their $3.7 billion dollar TARP loan to the taxpayer's !!
      Agreed.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster

And I will not be buying any of their products until then, and will suggest that nobody else does either, regardless of how cool the new Challenger R/T is ...
        and your banking with a local credit union RIGHT..

Comment

and pulled out of any 401k or mut funds you might have also, right

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
            My local credit union is more stable than most banks because it didn't loan any money using shady deals like many banks did.

Comment

no new products anywhere near completion
              There's a new line of engines, the pentastars, they're supposed to be really good. The 392 hemi for the SRT8's, and a redesign of a few models are all supposed to be coming within the year. New products should be here soon.

Oh, also the little cars are supposed to start being made in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
                My local credit union is more stable than most banks because it didn't loan any money using shady deals like many banks did.
                bingo,
                but most that say.. they'll never buy from them till they pay the loan back..
                see no issue , use'n backs and stock houses that did the same only bigger funds

Comment

It may take two years to get the public to forget they didn't pay the loan back - that I could believe.

Soft quality might not be terribly hard either - the general public tends to form an impression pretty quickly if a car looks cheaply made or not. The latest LX cars don't seem to be doing too bad in that respect; the Mitsubishi-related ones (Caliber, Avenger) unfortunately, do pretty horribly. However, if you give all the cars an interior makeover, I'd say the general public could figure it out in a year or two.

Reliability is the worst to sell people on, though - you're trying to prove a negative, prove that it won't break. And two years is not a good length of time to judge how well a car holds up; in normal driving, even a far below average car shouldn't leave you stranded if you change the oil two or three times. They'd probably need to publicize some pretty over the top head to head torture tests comparing their cars to the competitors. Something like building a half-mile clay oval with a small jump in it and running five Avengers (or whatever their next midsize car will be) and five Camries around it for a week straight. If at the end of the week they have four of their cars running and four of the Camries trashed, that might convince people...

Or it might not, given the Cult of the Indestructable Toyota sometimes takes a lot on faith...

Comment

I pulled out of bank of amigo due to illegal alien preference and tarp shenanigans
                    went to a non tarp bank

Comment

Working...
                    X