Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saab: The Thing That Wouldn't Die

Re: Saab: The Thing That Wouldn't Die

As a former owner of 2 Saab's, I say let the name die. In typical GM fashion, they bastardized the Saab after buying it from Saab and it was/is not the same car.

Comment

Official website of Spyker NV, since 1880. Spyker is a manufacturer of highly exclusive hand-built super sports cars.

Comment

So GM cares what happens to SAAB now? Sell it, pay down what they owe me and if it drags Spyker under, so what. :o Or am I misunderstanding something?

Comment

Bob, they're afraid that Spyker won't be able to pay them as the company is tiny and currently lives on the credit of Russian banks.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I say we take the Ruskys money! Probably spends better than ours. Specially with the Chinise which we seem to really need to pay back!

Comment

The calculation should be whether the sales proceeds, less the risk of Spyker's default and the extra competition that SAAB would then provide, outweights the costs of settling up with the dealers and shuttering the brand now.

Of course if GM sends SAAB to rest in peace next to Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc. only a few brand loyalists and a relatively few other stakeholders are going to be miffed. If GM sells SAAB and it then craters, these same people are still going to be miffed and some of them might "lawyer up" and try to recoup against GM for muffing the disposal.

While some of us would have much rather have seen GM spin off its surplus divisions, the logic of killing them seems grimly apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Andamo
                As a former owner of 2 Saab's, I say let the name die. In typical GM fashion, they bastardized the Saab after buying it from Saab and it was/is not the same car.
                Amen!

Comment

Working...
                X