Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insane Wheelstand Sequence: A '31 Ford Tudor on the bumper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane Wheelstand Sequence: A '31 Ford Tudor on the bumper!

Re: Insane Wheelstand Sequence: A '31 Ford Tudor on the bumper!

That was not a graceful landing.

OUCH!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Front Axle by Rubbermaid ;D,

Bonus points for having a spare on the back. If the owner is an old Gasser racer, the spare is most likely full of lead judging by the way that thing hooks. Comes outa the hole like a Nuclear Powered Gopher!
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

HOPE HE'S GOT A TRAILER , THOSE FRONTS WOULD BE A MESS WHEN HE GOT HOME WITH THE "NEW ALIGNMENT SETTING"

Comment

I have seen this car at many Epping nostalgia shows. He usually lauches with the right front up about a foot and the left frontup about 2 ft. Traction must have been really good that day (I missed this show <cry>).

And yes he has a trailer pulled by a repowered vintage pick-up painted the same blue.

Stevo

Comment

Oh man, those last two pics and the suspension still compressed and not rebounding looks to be an ugly mess.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That "model a" looks suspiciously like a 32 chevy, doesn't it?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Jim, you are 100% right and crappily right after I pulled the trigger on the item I realized my mistake. Here's the problem, for some reason, most likely due to the size of this particular item with all the photos our content manager will not let me back in to edit it.

My error will live on forever. DOH!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                  That "model a" looks suspiciously like a 32 chevy, doesn't it?

lol I was thinking 31 /32 chevy lol but then i do own one so? but it looked good up to the landing OUCH

Comment

Now I have to ask, never having owned a car that would even pull a single tire off the ground, when that happens does it catch you by surprise and you forget to get out of the throttle? Or is just plain fun keeping your foot in it until you can see nothing but blue sky, white clouds and contrails?

I'm thinking I can probably figure out the answer to the second question on my own
                    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Once the front end gets up to the point of not being able to see the track, you lose your sense of height. What you never want to do is lift when that happens. I suspect, by the looks of the front end, that might be what happened in this case, but I could be wrong. I never got my car up quite as far as the Chevy in the pictures, but I did go up far enough to cause a little butt pucker.

Comment

I guess maybe he shudda stuck to just cruisin

Comment

I hope he has a good dental plan cause you know that knocked out some teeth, or at least some fillings! OUCH!!!!

Comment

I thought JeffMcKC was the only one that did that ;D ;D

Comment

I figured it out. The spar tire was just to much ballast for it. :D ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X