Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Cry for Milwaukee: New Life for North Wilkesboro Speedway

Re: Don't Cry for Milwaukee: New Life for North Wilkesboro Speedway

If you squint hard enough, you can probably see a few common threads running through all of these race track stories:

1. Tracks owned by virtual monopolies (whether government or corporate) tend not to be improved, managed, or used to the fullest extent possible.

2. Track closures (and denials of permits for new tracks) turn on something other than what's best for the racers and the fans.

3. The folks making the "life and death" decisions on these tracks are almost always far removed from the actual racing and don't seem to care about the desparate impact of their decisions on racers, racing-supported businesses or fans.

4. All of a race track's storied tradition and $3.26 are worth about the price of a Grande Latte at Starbucks.

Comment

This sounds like good news to me. Now, what series is going to run there? Maybe I missed this in the article. Hopefully something that will draw a decent crowd and thus justify the reopening of the North Wilkesboro facility.

Comment

USAR ProCup Series on Oct 3 2010 and at a unspecified date ASA Late Models and PASS Late Models.
        This is good news, I have seen the Winston Cup cars here when Harry Gant was going for 5 in a row and lost his brakes.
        If anyone goes bring good ear plugs, this track is very loud.

Comment

Working...
        X