Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor City Motors Debuts at 10:00 PM Tonight on Discovery

Re: Motor City Motors Debuts at 10:00 PM Tonight on Discovery

I won't be watching. As a car guy, the shows on Discovery seem fake. Who builds a car like that? Who'd buy a car from Boyd after seeing what went on in his shop? Jesse James dropping a beam on one of the few remaining Anglias? And as a trucker, Ice Road Truckers is way overdone. Ever notice how every truck that goes by blasts the horn? And that its the exact same horn every time? At the truckstop, they sell the series on DVD. They will have it playing, and truckers gather around to laugh at it. I suppose they try to make it interesting for civilians.

Comment

Meh, looks like another produced drama show with little emphasis on quality builds. I'm over the formula.

Comment

Tough crowd.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Doesn't matter if I like the format or not; it's not being offered on Discovery in Canada at this time.

Comment

I know the whole thing has to be a bit "staged" to turn it into TV for the masses (most folks have NO CLUE what it takes to build a rod - or hovercraft) but there's a bigger thing at play here. The Detroit area is really, really sick, economically. Anything that gets the world thinking about Detroit and what Detroiters can do is a good thing. This is the area that, more than any other single place, saved our bacon in WWII because Detroiters can DO things and DO them. (Not to say that other areas of the country didn't kick in too, of course).

What I'm saying is that Detroit still has IT and can get the job done if given a job to do. So that's the message I hope gets across from this show. I'm not much for the artificial deadlines and whipped-up drama on shows of this type but I hope the bigger message comes thru.

Dan

Comment

Satire you understand,

Comment

I watched it, and my wife came into the room to ask why I was yelling at the tv. I was hoping for an original show, instead its the new version of Monster Garage. Bike builders gather a group of builder/experts to create drama and build a project in exchange for tools. Hmm, sounds familiar. With the work ethic of the artist brother I see why their family business is having problems. The episode where that slacker gets his ass kicked by his brother or another builder will be Must See TV.
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I watched it. Brian's right about it being another monster garage. It clearly showed the needless drama formula that idiot producers demand.

But there was one big difference in that show-they were standing up for Detroit. And it needs the props. The powers that be and the intelligencia don't see any value in the place and seem ready to let it (and the whole midwest) turn into Bartertown and it's good to see somebody sneaking in a few little messages about the history and the value of the area. I'll watch it again.

Comment

Working...
                  X