Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website of the Week: Tank on Empty.com

Re: Website of the Week: Tank on Empty.com

This kind of to be a game of mine till I bought a fuel injected car.See how far below "E" I could go with out walking. For all the times I played my record was pretty good. But hey, I was playing all the time. I couldn't tell you how many times I coasted into the gas station right up to the pump ! I aslo can't tell you how many 1 and 2 gallon gas cans I had to buy at those convenient mart/gas stations! I finally got rid of them by giving them to friends for mixing 2 cycle gas for weed eaters and such.

Comment

I never understood how you could run out of gas, my sister's done it 3 times in the 8 years she's been driving, my girlfriend's done it already. I usually never let my tank run below 1/4. The lowest it's ever gotten was one night I was driving home at 1 am from a rodeo 1.5hr away and all the gas stations were closed. One of only 2 times the gas light came on. I still had over a 40 miles left in the tank when I got gas. Although in my Charger, the gauge is a little off and one day I was going to fill the tank and was at home. The nearest gas station is about 8 miles away. I decided to dump about a gallon or two in from a gas can because I wasn't sure I'd make it out and good thing I did. I ended up putting 18.5 gallons in a 19 gallon tank.

Comment

My aunt does that all the time. She waits til the light comes on to fill it.

Even worse, I have a co-worker who does it. He called in once because of a blow out with clients in the car. I went out to help and just swapped cars with him to get the clients on their way. After changing out the tire, I got in to drive the car back and the computer said there was 26 miles of driving left in the tank. He was still 20 miles away from the clients destination when the blowout occurred. At best he would've been on fumes by the time he dropped them off.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I usually refill as soon as it get's to a 1/4 tank just cause I don't get fuel just anywhere. I did put 13.25 gallons in a 13 gallon tank once, and the car was still running when I pulled in.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X