Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Find: The Last Car To Come From Boyd Coddington's Shop, The French Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Find: The Last Car To Come From Boyd Coddington's Shop, The French Connection

Re: Ebay Find: The Last Car To Come From Boyd Coddington's Shop, The French Connection

That is one sweet looking car. I think I would have chosen a different material for the interior. Ostrich skin looks like it has acne.

Comment

Re: Ebay Find: The Last Car To Come From Boyd Coddington's Shop, The French Connection

Originally posted by olbuddybob
      That is one sweet looking car. I think I would have chosen a different material for the interior. Ostrich skin looks like it has acne.
      Agreed 100% on both counts.

Comment

Re: Ebay Find: The Last Car To Come From Boyd Coddington's Shop, The French Conn

I like the Ostrich skin interior. It matches the rest of the car as it's intent seems to be to give everyone testicular envy.

Comment

Re: Ebay Find: The Last Car To Come From Boyd Coddington's Shop, The French Conn

Good Lord!! What a magnificent, mind-blowing work of art. I'd consider this one of the most important (and beautiful) cars ever built. One day its price will reflect that. This is truly a milestone in automotive achievement. Even the ostrich skin is out of this world shocking. I guess it was Boyd's connection to the name he chose - the French Tickler.
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

my buddy tony was a big customer at boyds

Comment

I thought that car was, um, odd when it came out. I get the Delahaye/Delage inspiration, but I'll still say CadZZilla was Boyd's best effort.

Comment

[quote=Freiburger ]

Delahaye/Delage This is my favorite blue blood classic car so I do really love it. But yeah I'll hang with Dave on Zilla being his best effort/best well known.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                  I thought that car was, um, odd when it came out. I get the Delahaye/Delage inspiration, but I'll still say CadZZilla was Boyd's best effort.
                  I gotta agree, although this is a beautiful creation, CadZZilla was still the pinnacle. And what about the part of
                  • "this hemi-head 1,200-pound monster delivers 750 hp at 4,800 rpm and a whopping 810 lb-ft of torque at 3,800 rpm"
                    I would think that something with a little better hp/lb ratio (just for the engine alone) would be a better choice.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's a boat motor so it'll run those numbers for freakin' days on end.

I think Cadzilla is his coolest car and obviously most well known, but this thing is a different direction and to me, the whole coach building aspect to this one puts it in a special spot.

If I was picking one, Cadzilla would be in my garage...well, my driveway.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Of course I agree that CadZZilla is super awesome, really breathtaking. It's like asking, which is better, a Hemi Cuda, a Hemi Charger or a Hemi Dart?
                      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Kinda looks like a computer mouse to me? ???
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'd drive the snot out of that car.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                          X