Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Score! Travis Pastrana Sets the Rally Car Jump Record at 269 Feet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Score! Travis Pastrana Sets the Rally Car Jump Record at 269 Feet!

Re: Video: Score! Travis Pastrana Sets the Rally Car Jump Record at 269 Feet!

How many cameras did they have on that 8)
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

that jump was awesome! :D

Comment

i can"t wait until i get my frist car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D

Comment

The coolest thing about the jump is how well the car flies. I wonder what they had to do to get it so stable.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
            The coolest thing about the jump is how well the car flies. I wonder what they had to do to get it so stable.
            Weight balance, like filling a Charger's trunk with cement to make it fly true...
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

though I don't commend his inability to self-preserve.....it was very cool.

I was watching live with my sons and wife. He was more than prepared.

Things of note:
              1. the landing ramp should have been longer. Even if the dew hadn't set on the landing pad....he'd been hard-pressed to stop. Maybe one more barge would have done it.
              2. I noticed right off the puff of smoke just before he landed. On the first slo-mo replay I saw the rear wheels stop. When they replayed the in-car you see him grab the brake. I'd like to know if he saw the catch fence and said 'I'm coming in too nose up and going too far'. That's the bike-rider skills saving his bacon and making the jump work.
              3. The car was more than apt for the deed. Since the truck record (pro 4x4) is 301ft I think, he ought to go after that and do it on dirt as well. The truck has no aero to speak of either.....makes using the STi a no-brainer.

Good stuff. I like folks pushing the car's capabilities with some science and preparation thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Working...
              X