No announcement yet.

Introducing Project Fat Lane, '64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone From Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing Project Fat Lane, '64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone From Hell

I have to say, Calling Jim a Ford "Poser" is like saying Grumpy Jenkins didnt know how to tune a small block Chevy. The two cars Brian has featured here from Jim are just a slight scratch on the surface of what he has up his Ford blue work shirt sleeve......

Comment

Yeah, I understand the need for power. And of course I have a bias. But it ain't a T-Bolt clone when there's Chev based architecture under the hood. A BIG piece of the T-Bolt legacy was the driveline. Without that it was just a '64 Fairlane. A nice enough car but not an icon.

At that level there are already billet Ford architecture parts that will make equal power while keeping the Ford vibe. Heck, there are more big Ford parts around than Chev due to the IHRA Pro Stock programs... Cary and the guys at Perf Induction (formerly ET Performance) have already done billet Ford heads with water that have been all over the net...

Comment

So...Project BlunderBolt?

Comment

If a 3,000+ lb car that runs into the 6s is a blunder than I give up.

I say it's Project C-Bolt
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

How could you call someone a poser if you never met them??? Jim is truly a great guy and definitely a Ford Guy through and through If you met him you'd never call him a poser.

As far as iam concerned the motor doesn't know what it is, Whats different the distributor is in the wrong place and the 6 bolts for the bellhousing are a different shape and 7/16? Any motor at that level will feature all the best traits of the big 3. Now what if he had decided to go with a screw blown Hemi is that different because its not a Chevy??? Some people are serious on this Ford V. Chevy thing huh??

Comment

No its not a blunder.
              Its a bitchin' cool race car.
              Not a damn thing wrong with that.
              Its not a Ford/Chevy/Mopar or whatever deal either.

But a teardrop hood does not make it a T-bolt clone. This car strays far enough from the inspirational vehicle in every direction that I feel it deserves it's own identity - kinda like a '70s vintage funny car or a 90's Pro Mod.

Maybe a brief listing of what a T-bolt is/was helps. They had a unique driveline in that the 427 high riser engine was only installed a couple hundred vehicles total. Ever. The engine compartment was heavily altered to fit the engine. The trans, rear suspension were unique to the vehicle. The lightweight stuff - interior, glass, body bits - were similar to other factory race efforts of the era. The signature hood was actually a post release item - they initially had a different bubble shape.

The closest comparable might be a '68 Hemi Dart. Would a tube chassis '68 Dart with a blown BBC be considerd a Hemi Dart clone if the owner - no matter how well intentioned - cut the rear wheel openings out?

Comment

Working...
              X