• Video Bonanza: Top Fuel Blow-Overs

Re: Video Bonanza: Top Fuel Blow-Overs

Awesome set of videos......
    Wheelie bars do wonders.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Anyone have a link to Eddie Hills blowover.Ive tried to locate with no success.Up,Up and Away.

Comment

I searched high and low for Hill's because of how the car corkscrewed and flew like hundreds of feet through the air. No dice though.

It would have been the cherry on top of that blog item!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks Brian.My sons GF had never seen a TF blowover and thats one that came to mind.

Comment

Larry Dixon had one that was beyond awesome, too.
            Come to think of it, he's had a couple.
            Schumacher and Herbert had some doozies!
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Kate Harker had a good one in Sonoma driving Tom's a/fueler. The wheelie bar buckled and collapsed. I don't think Tom had a wheelie bar sensor on then, but I can't imagine the force nessary to do that. Usually anywhere above 400 psi will put it up in smoke, and I've seen them spike to 900 or so, but to bend one probably requires thousands of psi.

Originally posted by TC

Comment

Herbert definitely couldn't get out of and away from that wreck quickly enough.

I'm always amazed that the drivers survive with virtually nothing more than bruises and scratches...a real testatment to the phenomenal engineering and high quality fabrication of the cars.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

That Shelly car is still running today nicknamed "Flipper" for obvious reasons Johnny Ahten ownes it still has the Parts America paint. I was paying close attention to the Interview but iam not sure what I missed

Comment

The fact that she was going to be strapping into the backup car for eliminations the next day.

You're a bad audience because you drive funny cars. Us mere mortals get impressed with shit like that. :D
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

thats what i was thinking too but watch it again :D the crash was on Friday...I had to watch a few times to catch that though

Comment

My dad and i witnessed Don Garlits other blowover at Spokane raceway park.
                        That was back when the Ahra world finals was a four day event and it happened thursday on a test run.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBALLMONZA
                          That Shelly car is still running today nicknamed "Flipper" for obvious reasons Johnny Ahten ownes it still has the Parts America paint. I was paying close attention to the Interview but iam not sure what I missed
                          I knew Johnny had one of her old cars, Brian Badgett had one too, I just didn't know it was THAT one...
                          Speaking of Shelly, I was just watching these again and remember Jay flipping a dragster pretty good, I think it was in Pomona....??
                          Originally posted by TC

Comment

Working...
                          X