Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Video: Russian Truck Racing

Re: Killer Video: Russian Truck Racing

Looks like a low budget version of a monster truck rally - and probably a bit more fun.

Kind of surprised they don't require hood pins... or maybe those ruin some of the entertainment value?

Comment

i love how their "Tow Truck"... is a F#cking TANK!

Comment

Originally posted by 1978NovaCaine
        i love how their "Tow Truck"... is a F#cking TANK!
        I had been putting off watching this, but this comment moved it to the "Watch Now!" priority :D That is great. I wonder how one of these would be in the Baja 500?? Hilarious none the less, haha.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Isnt this the same country that didnt have gas money to bring home thier cosmonauts?

Comment

I saw a bunch of these trucks a few years ago in Iraq. They were a Soviet state run company and made a ton of different vehicles from limos for the political classes all the way up to ICBM carriers, which of the two SCUD carriers I saw had two big V8's and a transmission for each side of the truck. Most of the cabs are some cheep looking fiberglass and most of the axles were pretty old school Timkin type. The new 4X4's I saw were cool with huge bias-ply mud tires.

Comment

Those would be a blast to race. Im going to russia seeya.

Comment

Why didnt America think of this first with M35's? or even bobbed deuces

Comment

I don't think we were ever that desperate. Apparently this was born because racing cars was banned by the Commies who were running the show back when in the USSR.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

True, but there must've been some rednecks somewhere who all drive around in those things that would've thought to do it. Im thinking of those canadian hillbillies on dave's farm ya know? haha. all i could find on youtube was low quality vid of a lame drag race on a dirt track. The trucks did get hustlin' faster than i thought tho.

Comment

More proof of the adage is universal. Alcohol, boredom, and a couple vehicles lying around lead to racing.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X