Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: The Merrill, Wisconsin, Ice Drag Races are On

Re: Video: The Merrill, Wisconsin, Ice Drag Races are On

I've been there. Its even more fun than it looks. My favorite class is "Stock Altered Rail". Take a stock, non performance engine and stick it where ever you want, its SAR. A 440 Mopar in the front seat of a Gremlin, SAR. This is the most friendly racing event you'll ever attend.

Comment

I wonder if DF will return to report on it. Reading about a native LA kid heading for the deep freeze and dealing with frozen ball point pens and camera batteries that don't work in addition to the coverage of the race itself was great. Might as well get another use out of that snow suit.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        I wonder if DF will return to report on it. Reading about a native LA kid heading for the deep freeze and dealing with frozen ball point pens and camera batteries that don't work in addition to the coverage of the race itself was great. Might as well get another use out of that snow suit.
        I was there the week after DF. They said he showed with no hat or gloves. It was 20 below zero. I was treated very well, with my SLR camera at first many thought I was a magazine guy. I had several extra batteries, but only used one for over 200 shots with my Nikon. While I was there, not one person said anything about it being cold. The sky was blue, not a whisper of wind, everyone thought it was just a perfect day, myself included.

Comment

I forgot about these. Shame considering I am only 2 hours from Merril. Always a good time.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
          X