Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Uses Nelly To Unveil Mustang, and We Don't Mean Par

Re: Ford Uses Nelly To Unveil Mustang, and We Don't Mean Par

". . . .gloss black paint with flat black stripes (how played out is that getting?)"
    It's not "played out," it's timeless . . . "classic" (okay nothing can really be truly "classic" unless (a) it's in the classical style of Greece and Rome; (b) the Antique Automobile Club of America certifies it as "classic"; or (c) GM puts a five-cent plastic badge on it that says "classic"). I kinda like it.

Of course, Brian, you kinda like Click-n-Clack, the Tappet Brothers . . . . ;) (see http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...3143#msg313143)

Besides, everyone who has ever owned a black Mustang in the summer time has probably uttered the phrase " It's 'Hot in Herre!'" That alone probably makes Nelly a natural spokesman for sunlight-trapping 'Stangs. (Thankfully Ford invited Nelly to the NAIAS instead of to a spelling bee . . . .)

As for the criticisms of the other ridiculous bling on Nelly's "Derrty" Mule, I concur.

As for whether they should have picked PARnelli over . . . Cornell Haynes, Jr. (you expected me to bust a cheap rhyme, didn't you?), the fact that you'd have to give an introduction for Parnelli to the target market audience suggests he's sadly not the first choice. Besides, hasn't Carroll Shelby already locked in the geezer demographic?

Comment

Of course, given the fact that the 5.0 is coming back, I'd have thought Robert Matthew Van Winkle would have been a natural spokes-rapper. "Word to your Mutha!"

Comment

First they hint of axing the falcon, now this...####wits!! Scared of whats yet to come ???

Comment

Working...
        X