Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA Adds Class For Legends Cars

Re: NHRA Adds Class For Legends Cars

Now if you could build one "gasser style" with a V8, I might be interested.

Otherwise, it's just some ridiculous toy cars clogging up the staging lanes. I'd rather see the real 1:1 scale "jalopies" instead of Bruton Smith's shrunken-head version.

The Prius class is probably next . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
      Now if you could build one "gasser style" with a V8, I might be interested.

Otherwise, it's just some ridiculous toy cars clogging up the staging lanes. I'd rather see the real 1:1 scale "jalopies" instead of Bruton Smith's shrunken-head version.

as seen as the real jolopies are old/rare/ and costly.
      and these mini racers are out there used and cheap..
      it gets more people into the track.. and gives owners of these said cars more things to do with them..
      your^^^^^^^^^^^^^post.. tho.. it be nice if old 30 cars were plentifull, thats not the case..
      it be a different way to race and a step up from jr. dragsters..
      anything that brings racing to more people , and cheaply.. I'm all for..
      Hell, let world of outlaw cars run if they want..
      the more the merrier

Comment

Didn't Tommy Johnson used to have one of these?
        I seem to remember him buzzing around the pits of Heartland Park Topeka in one.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

it gets more people into the track.. and gives owners of these said cars more things to do with them..
          your^^^^^^^^^^^^^post.. tho.. it be nice if old 30 cars were plentifull, thats not the case..
          the more the merrier
          Come on man! You could probably build a cheap, JY-powered T-bucket, Austin roadster, or even a cowl-only "speedster-style" car for what a Legends car costs! Even putting a cage on a bare pickup frame and adding a rudimentary firewall would be more interesting than a Legends car.

If all we care about is getting people on the strip for nearly free, then tracks should be sanctioning an "all-out" $500 LeMons class with a claimer rule. (actually, that'd be more interesting than watching a bunch of fake, motorcycle-powered, mini-moonshine cars buzz down the strip).

I'd like to see prepped WOO cars on the strip for an exhibition. 800+hp on a 90" wheelbase means big-time action.

Comment

Isn't the Prius class EF/S? For Extreme FWD Slowness.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

the more the merrier
              Come on man! You could probably build a cheap, JY-powered T-bucket, Austin roadster, or even a cowl-only "speedster-style" car for what a Legends car costs! Even putting a cage on a bare pickup frame and adding a rudimentary firewall would be more interesting than a Legends car.

If all we care about is getting people on the strip for nearly free, then tracks should be sanctioning an "all-out" $500 LeMons class with a claimer rule. (actually, that'd be more interesting than watching a bunch of fake, motorcycle-powered, mini-moonshine cars buzz down the strip).

I'd like to see prepped WOW cars on the strip for an exhibition. 800+hp on a 90" wheelbase means big-time action.
              really, and these said cars will pass tech??????????? :-\

Comment

I wonder if someone will take an old Pro-Stock Truck in on a trade?
                I'm just not feeling this one....
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

oh yea i see this class going the way of the pro stock truck (oh im still bitter about that) but the power to weight ratio on this cars will blow your mind, ive seen these cars run around a second slower than the 600+hp dirt modifieds on tracks ranging from 1/3rd to 3/8ths mile
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Guys, these aren't being added as a professional class. They were just given an official class with rules in the NHRA rule book (i.e. Super Gas, Junior Dragster, etc).

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      Guys, these aren't being added as a professional class. They were just given an official class with rules in the NHRA rule book (i.e. Super Gas, Junior Dragster, etc).

Brian
                      thats what I figured..
                      just a way to let them run..

Comment

I can't imagine any promoter PAYING for Legends cars to buzz down the 1320! (unless maybe he wants to increase sales at the hot dog stand between rounds of "real car" racing)

Maybe NHRA will add a class for motorized bar stools or Segways next (oh wait, Bruton doesn't build those, does he?).

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                        I wonder if someone will take an old Pro-Stock Truck in on a trade?
                        I'm just not feeling this one....
                        2x

Comment

What I've heard is the dwarf cars will be bracket only and be eligible to run in the bike class at E.T.Finals.WE will see.Did find a video of one making a pass at Cordova.Turned a 15 second e.t.
                          We decided to drag race our dirt track dwarf car on a 1/4 mile drag strip for fun. We raced it at hangoverfest in cordova illinois. It ran a 15 second pass, ...

Comment

Their quickest car was in the 12s a couple years ago. They were kinda fun to watch and announce to be honest.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That seems to be a pretty interesting idea anyway, I think the kids will dig it,something for them to watch , something smaller to grab their interest, although Jr's dragsters are smaller also ,there just isnt as many running around.

Comment

Working...
                              X