Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Government to Auction Brett Stevens Entire Racing Operation

Re: Aussie Government to Auction Brett Stevens Entire Racing Operation

This kind of stuff really peeves me. After someone is found guilty and sentenced, I've got no problem the gov't having a garage sale of your stuff to recoup money stolen, or from from fraudulent actions. But, if this guy is aquitted, I hope he sues the city into bankruptcy for selling off his stuff before finding him guilty of anything.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The government holds all the funds until after the trial and if he is innocent he gets it all.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        The government holds all the funds until after the trial and if he is innocent he gets it all.
        But that money isn't going replace 25% of what was sold. And, zero of your sweat equity.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

100% true!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            This kind of stuff really peeves me. After someone is found guilty and sentenced, I've got no problem the gov't having a garage sale of your stuff to recoup money stolen, or from from fraudulent actions. But, if this guy is aquitted, I hope he sues the city into bankruptcy for selling off his stuff before finding him guilty of anything.
            Absolutely right. This principle of stealing people's property prior to conviction is a gross violation of common law and 800 years of jurisprudence. The property has committed no crime, thus it is illegal for the government to snatch it. If, however, the person is convicted in court of a particular crime, and assessed by the court a fine for his transgressions, and can't pay the fine, the court has a right to seize some property in order to satisfy the fine. All other cases of seizure ("forfeiture") are a direct violation of common law, the Magna Carta, et. al.
            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Bad deal, I hate how they do the same thing here. Just being accused you can loose your car, house, voting and self defence rights. Wrong on so many counts.

Comment

Working...
              X