GM Brass Challenges Ford To A Diesel Truck Tug of War, Literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GM Brass Challenges Ford To A Diesel Truck Tug of War, Literally

ok i dont even have to read all the posts on this to make my decsion.

FORD FORD FORD FORD

GM needs to take there damn Isuzu engines, since they caint make there own hmm. and go back back to washington. Cuase aint no one gonna pay for a car they had to buy twice in there life. hahhaha

Comment

as a matter of fact it breaks my balls to pay taxes and think im paying on a chevy that i dont even own.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
        Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
        im sure gm has already done did it, and prolly why the issued the challenge knowing that they would win

Not very likely.
        maybe,, but just the idea of the balls to strike first.. is a great press move..
        as g.m. KNOWS fords issues with the intertrashanal last 2 engines..
        and with an untested all new oil burner..that will have teething issues like any new design..
        make this a great p.r. move..

Comment

Originally posted by toquick4u05

FORD FORD FORD FORD

GM needs to take there damn Isuzu engines, since they caint make there own hmm. and go back back to washington. Cuase aint no one gonna pay for a car they had to buy twice in there life. hahhaha
          funny.. as seen as ford used for ever someone elses engine..
          at least g.m. owns part of the company that co designed their oil burner..
          HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
          fords new engine..
          talk to use when they have tons of truble free ones with 200k+ on them..
          now it's great that they are building their own..
          but f'n with their only bread and butter .. vehicle.. isn't a smart move..
          cause if these motor fails like the mod motor in trucks has..
          ford is screwed.. and they know it...
          ford hopefully used a different designer for the spark plug hole (glow plug)in the oil burner
          cause if they throw glow plugs out the heads/intake.. that engine is all done...

Comment

as a matter of fact it breaks my balls to pay taxes and think im paying on a chevy that i dont even own.
            but you 'll still bank at banks that got 1000 times more tax dollars..
            opps..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

FORD FORD FORD FORD

funny.. as seen as ford used for ever someone elses engine..
              at least g.m. owns part of the company that co designed their oil burner..
              HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
              fords new engine..
              talk to use when they have tons of truble free ones with 200k+ on them..
              now it's great that they are building their own..
              but f'n with their only bread and butter .. vehicle.. isn't a smart move..
              cause if these motor fails like the mod motor in trucks has..
              ford is screwed.. and they know it...
              ford hopefully used a different designer for the spark plug hole (glow plug)in the oil burner
              cause if they throw glow plugs out the heads/intake.. that engine is all done...

Your right they shouldnt mess with there bread and butter I will agree with you there. And nethier one has really had the means for full on R&D but I think ford will pull it off if they take just some extra time on the engine and drivetrain. Haha and ford hasnt made the best sparkplug designs on some engines like the 2.3 4 cylinder with 8 lol. but hey they can bring the heat on in times of stress. Henry Ford did create the assembly line, so maybe this will be the year of the truck for Ford. But only time will tell my freind.

P.S. Yea it does bust my balls worst then a stripper grinding my face, that the banks took that money. But hey I wont mind a revolution, we were all put on gods great land for a reason, and I know we wont let our flag run, like a frenchman running from a strip club. Long Live The Constitution.

Comment

if they take just some extra time on the engine and drivetrain.
                FYI kiddo, this current diesel spent about 2 years from conception to completion, one of the greatest "rush jobs" in the history of diesel engine design. Thankfully, there are enough Ford followers out there who will still buy a couple million so Ford can continue the Research and Development efforts at the expense of paying customers - something they figured out how to do nearly a decade ago.

GM's method with Isuzu is one of the greatest collaboration stories in the same space. There is no comparison, GM spent almost 10 full years on the Duramax project before it hit the roads (my Aunt was the CFO for D-max ltd. in Morraine, OH). Isuzu handled the combustion chamber design, and that's about all.

The best part about this "challenge" is, nowhere do you read about GM asking Dodge to bring out a Cummins truck for a pull-off. GM's picking on the handicapped kid again, because they know what happens when you try to mess with the Team Captain ;)
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  The best part about this "challenge" is, nowhere do you read about GM asking Dodge to bring out a Cummins truck for a pull-off. GM's picking on the handicapped kid again, because they know what happens when you try to mess with the Team Captain ;)
                  Dodge is still around? ;D
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    Dodge is still around? ;D
                    for now

Comment

Hey, guys - it's RAM trucks now.
                      No more Dodge.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

if they take just some extra time on the engine and drivetrain.
                        FYI kiddo, this current diesel spent about 2 years from conception to completion, one of the greatest "rush jobs" in the history of diesel engine design. Thankfully, there are enough Ford followers out there who will still buy a couple million so Ford can continue the Research and Development efforts at the expense of paying customers - something they figured out how to do nearly a decade ago.

GM's method with Isuzu is one of the greatest collaboration stories in the same space. There is no comparison, GM spent almost 10 full years on the Duramax project before it hit the roads (my Aunt was the CFO for D-max ltd. in Morraine, OH). Isuzu handled the combustion chamber design, and that's about all.

Yeah those cummins diesels are pretty bad ass, seen a few whoop some ford and chevy ass at the strip.

Comment

Ford vagina'd out of the challenge.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Who knew vagina was a verb? :D

Ford would have nothing to gain from a pointless tug-of-war.
                            No. 1: Ford F-Series: 413,625 sales (2009)
                            No. 2: Chevrolet Silverado: 316,544

I'm not aware of many truck customers buy turbodiesel trucks for tugs-of-war:

On the other hand, if I ran Ford, I'd probably counter with tug-of-war challenge for Ford's F-650 . . . oh wait Government Motors doesn't have anything that matches up with it, do they? : Well then, maybe an off-road shoot-out with a SVT Raptor and a . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                              Who knew vagina was a verb? :D

On the other hand, if I ran Ford, I'd probably counter with tug-of-war challenge for Ford's F-650 . . . oh wait Government Motors doesn't have anything that matches up with it, do they? : Well then, maybe an off-road shoot-out with a SVT Raptor and a . . . .
                              now go add chevy+gmc+catty= fords sales margin isn't all that big.. opps.. that be accounting for all the g.m. full sized trucks, that are all the same.. can't do that..

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot

... and more people voted Obama, so what does your point prove again?

And Ford apparently isn't aware that customers buy turbodiesel trucks for anything other than leaving them at the dealership for engine replacement...

Get real, you're pretending the biggest pieces of shit in automotive history are "too good" in one thread, and wearing out a thesaurus trying to bash the best selling, top quality manufacturer in another.

Automtive journalism would be a great vocation for you if you could understand the concept of journalism without agenda
                                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                                X