Clear All

• GM Brass Challenges Ford To A Diesel Truck Tug of War, Literally

Re: GM Brass Challenges Ford To A Diesel Truck Tug of War, Literally

Awesome.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's all about who doesn't spin first.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

would love to see this, great PR move, and I would fully expect both sides to enhance there trucks, it's all part of the game. I say ... Bring It!
        "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

change the tires to cogs for a cog track so tire slip isn't a factor.. ripping the frame apart is ;D

Comment

im sure gm has already done did it, and prolly why the issued the challenge knowing that they would win
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
              im sure gm has already done did it, and prolly why the issued the challenge knowing that they would win

Not very likely.

Comment

If this comes off, there's no way in hell that both of the trucks would be bone stock, unless whomever does the test buys them off a dealer lot themselves.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hell Yeah!

That would be something to see, regardless of which truck wins.

That is exactly what my dad and uncles used to every time one of them got a new truck or tractor. Hook em up and see what they can do .
                  when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

Not sure of pulling power of these brands, but every time I hit a drag strip there are a few GM diesels running insanely hard. Slowest one I've seen so far was a 4x4 doing 13.50's.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Saw a guy in a seriously worked Duramax truck blow up the front end during a super hard launch (on F'n MUD tires) one time. The truck transferred so much weight to the rear that the front (and 4wd was engaged) tires were barely touching the ground and toed way the hell in. The front wheels started in on this death wobble and the BLAMO...the front diff blew up, throwing chunks through the case!

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by min301

Not very likely.
                        +1 ... I don't think GM would have been able to get their hands on a 6.7L Ford truck yet, but I could be wrong.

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed
                          Originally posted by min301

Not very likely.
                          +1 ... I don't think GM would have been able to get their hands on a 6.7L Ford truck yet, but I could be wrong.

cheers
                          Ed N.
                          +, I like the Ford. ;D

Comment

I love how all the Ford fans "assume" the new Ford will be any different than the last decade of Ford diesels.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
                              Originally posted by dieselgeek
                              I love how all the Ford fans "assume" the new Ford will be any different than the last decade of Ford diesels.
                              and I love all the 2jz's you can buy from Toyota in the last decade's worth of Supras...

:P :P :P
                              I *bet* there is funny in there - if I could just understand it
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X