Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insanity on Ice: Unlimited Sleds of the Golden Age of Snowmobile Speed Runs, With Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity on Ice: Unlimited Sleds of the Golden Age of Snowmobile Speed Runs, With Video

Re: Insanity on Ice: Unlimited Sleds of the Golden Age of Snowmobile Speed Runs,

This is sheer awesomeness!!
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Re: Insanity on Ice: Unlimited Sleds of the Golden Age of Snowmobile Speed Runs, With Video

"rupp"

I had a famous chassis, called "rupp nitro" for the 1970s anyway, very ahead of itself, many models today look just like it.
      I never got a motor for it, it was even all aluminum. Very ahead of itself.

I never got history of rupp, may have to go browse around...

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Re: Insanity on Ice: Unlimited Sleds of the Golden Age of Snowmobile Speed Runs, With Video

Brian, here is an interesting tidbit for you. AMF ski daddler in the late 60s/early 70s had a factory race team, like all snowmobile companies, one of their riders was named Bruce Larsen. Yep, the same Bruce Larsen from USA-! fame.

I have pics of his sled, cill try to find them.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

One version of the "Boss Cat" had a Turbonique for power. I have a short video of it here and if I can find which tape it is on I will post it. There was a lot of wild stuff going on in the earlier years. Unlimited meant unlimited. Another memorable machine was by Marv Jorgenson, It had a V8 outboard with a Crowerglide slipper clutch. Amazingly dangerous stuff.
          Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Man, both of those machines sound freaking wild!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
            X