Clear All

• Breaking News: NHRA Announces Four Wide Nationals at zMax Dragway

Re: Breaking News: NHRA Announces Four Wide Nationals at zMax Dragway

You'll poke an eye out!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

That is freaking awesome!
      National drag events don't do much for me... I've been to races, camera-in-hand, for over a decade, and it's just not that big a deal to me. I also don't like the Pro classes because it has zero in common with anything I do in the garage. I can't look at a Pro Stock car that's covered in stickers and think "Yeah, I've got something in common with that."

It's also over in four seconds. If I want to watch something that's over in four seconds, I'll watch my honeymoon videos.

All that being said, I think I'd actually pay to watch 'em run 4-wide. There's a lot going on with 4 of them.

Adds a whole new dimension to staging, too.

-Brad

Comment

Right on with the staging battle. Seemingly impossible to have a 4-car burndown unless you have the 4 most stubborn sunsabitches in the world sitting there...oh wait...these are drag racers.....very possible to have a 4-car burndown. :D
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Bah, humbug! Ixnay!

A drag race should be limited to two contestants per qualifying round and race, most definitely in the Pro classes.

For a spectator, and sometimes the track announcer, keeping tabs on [just] two cars on a run can be tough to do...

Comment

I'd simply have to go ....... that is strange.... Better then throttle stops.... wicked cool?

Comment

Working...
            X