Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wreckage Photos: About 300 Cars Damaged as Tents Flew at Friday's Russo & Steele Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wreckage Photos: About 300 Cars Damaged as Tents Flew at Friday's Russo & Steele Auction

Yeah, I would say lightening hitting a tree, splitting it in half, and dropping said half on your car is an act of god. Someone erecting a tent I would think would assume responsibility for that tent to be secured properly, and if they were warned that the stakes were coming out and did nothing, I would think that would be negligence. Most of these cars would have been better off sitting out the storm in an open field, they'd be wet, but not destroyed.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Wreckage Photos: About 300 Cars Damaged as Tents Flew at Friday's Russo & Steele Auction

I cried looking at those pictures.... I dare say the tent and anything not tied down really did the damage, I have seen bad hale damage before but nothing like this..... I feel for you all......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster

Originally posted by larry evans
        They had been warned hours before the tent blue away by several of us that the stakes were pulling loose and basicly told us to mind our own business. Russo was totally aware of what was going on and chose not to do anything about it. Have nothing good to say about russo and steele. For anyone who had cars there, i have the claim # for the tent company and the contact #.
        I said it before, if anyone should be held accountable, it should be those that chose to use those big friggin' tents. They are a disaster waiting to happen. Theres are lot more incidents involving these sorts of structures than we are made aware of.

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        funny I said the same thing week ago and everyone here told me I was full of poo
        No - I said you are full of shit. Warnings of stakes pulling loose is a helluva lot different than mystical 36 - 40 hour storm forcasts.

I feel for anyone who lost or had cars damaged there, rich or not.

read my post again..
        I said there had weather warnings 36 hours before hand and they (auction) said if car isn't here to cross block you loose your fees..
        thats what I said.. dad and friends pulled the cars and are dam glad they did..

Comment

Working...
        X